RBC Intake manifold.

LeeH

Advanced Member
In the new year mate.

Thought I would put this on before my mapping day at TDi. I was going to fit a Hondata gasket anyhow.

JRSC is on the cards for sure 8)

JDC5

Charged DC5
LeeH said:
In the new year mate.

Thought I would put this on before my mapping day at TDi. I was going to fit a Hondata gasket anyhow.

JRSC is on the cards for sure 8)
thats good to hear!! let me knw how it goes on with the map..

my cousin has one of these fitted... i'm really impressed with the perform of it, head to head his dc5 pulls away from me, alot of mid-range.. so its a good buy.. but when i hav my SC things would change.. i hope!

JD

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Anyone got any ideas of what to use to replace the rubber hose that goes from the throttle body to the air intake as i guess the stock one will be at the wrong angle and too long? I have a Gruppe M just am just using the stock one.

One thing I was thing was to use a Samco (or simular) replacement intake hose and just cutting it down - what do you guess reckon?

Evs

Advanced Member
Interested in the answer to this too - RBC is quite a tempting mod... 8)

Glitch

Advanced Member
We are gona trial fit an RBC to my mates JDM EP3 in the next week or 2 so if we get it to fit i will know how hard and what you have to do etc.

abdultaiyab

Glitch said:
We are gona trial fit an RBC to my mates JDM EP3 in the next week or 2 so if we get it to fit i will know how hard and what you have to do etc.
few guys on CTRO forums have already tried them and are happy with it....apparently one of the major mods will be the shaving off the radiator support bar to accomodate the RBC...

as for me its tuning part i am worried about rather than fitment :cry:

LeeH

Advanced Member
abdultaiyab said:
Glitch said:
few guys on CTRO forums have already tried them and are happy with it....apparently one of the major mods will be the shaving off the radiator support bar to accomodate the RBC...

as for me its tuning part i am worried about rather than fitment :cry:
Plenty of space on the DC5 8)

And hopefully I'll bend the pipe to fit. If not I'll have to get something made up.

Lee

abdultaiyab

if you got a long ram cai...than its worth getting the Ingen CAI rubber elbow...the guy you just ordered the RBC from have them for sale for a little extra charge

Glitch

Advanced Member
I have the AEM CAI on mine and all i had to do was slightly bend the bracket that attaches the pipe to the body and it fits fine.

abdultaiyab

Glitch said:
I have the AEM CAI on mine and all i had to do was slightly bend the bracket that attaches the pipe to the body and it fits fine.
hmmm...then maybe its a requirement only in CTRs....one guy on CTRO had to chop off abt 150mm of his AEM CAI and reconnect with a slight angle in order for it to line up with the throttle body

Glitch

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
Glitch, did you fit the Hondata Gasket whilst the Mani was off?
I already had one on there. They are good coz you have to cut a new hole in the gasket to fit the RBC.

LeeH

Advanced Member
The same seller said he would do me one for £24.90 8) 8)

Bargain or what!!

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Glitch said:
LeeH said:
Glitch, did you fit the Hondata Gasket whilst the Mani was off?
I already had one on there. They are good coz you have to cut a new hole in the gasket to fit the RBC.
So you just reused your old Hondata gasket? I ready have one as well and am not sue if i should reuse it or buy another one for when i fit the RBC.