RBC Intake manifold.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Option said:
I'm going to be fitting my RBC next weekend and was wondering whether the OEM intake hose will still fit? I have a Gruppe M also fitted.
I believe LeeH has used the oem hose, i believe it works and its what i intend to do.

Stu
Correct, its fits OK. Not 100% but I doubt it will give you any headaches.

bobla

Correct, its fits OK. Not 100% but I doubt it will give you any headaches.
Cheers Lee, I'll see how I get on then. I'll post up my results once i've had it mapped.

Project

Advanced Member
This is a wierd mod to me and i'm still not fully convinced about it, dont know if i'm the only one that thinks this, but it seems to me that it increases the bhp on a rolling road by quite abit but that alot of you guys arent really feeling it on the road, I meen a 15bhp increase to me is a lot and you should feel a massive difference, but i'm not getting that impression. Everyone seems to be hooked on the paper figure and not the actual driving feel.
Comments welcome, I have my kevlar vest on :)

celox performance

Advanced Member
Project said:
This is a wierd mod to me and i'm still not fully convinced about it, dont know if i'm the only one that thinks this, but it seems to me that it increases the bhp on a rolling road by quite abit but that alot of you guys arent really feeling it on the road, I meen a 15bhp increase to me is a lot and you should feel a massive difference, but i'm not getting that impression. Everyone seems to be hooked on the paper figure and not the actual driving feel.
I've got both power graphs, before and after the RBC was fitted and i'm going to try and get them posted up shortly so you can see where the RBC makes its power (10bhp increase in my case). The throttle response if definately better.

CTR_Chris

Advanced Member
Project said:
Good point, but then I dont think there is that many members who have done this mod yet. Id like to see a stock dC5 fitted with JUST the RBC, and then a before and after comparison. That way the figue prduced wont matter, only the difference between the two.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The more horsepower you have then less you're going to feel small increases. Ie if you already have intake, KPro, exhaust then you've already jumped to 240 or so, then another 10 on that is far less a percentage increase then the original jump.

Make sense?

Glitch

Advanced Member
I did feel a difference once fitted but it wasnt until i had the remap done that i really felt the gains. The real gains are higher in the revs, it pulls so much stronger than before.

celox performance

Advanced Member
Here we go, before and after results :D . The RBC gained 10lb/ft torque at 8000rpm even though the car only gained an extra 5lb/ft at max revs.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
You might not really notice the extra power increase, but I GUARANTEE you will feel the much better throttle response. Revs just rise much quicker.

If I was to start modifying again, there would be things I would change and some I would keep.
The RBC mod, I would do again. xthumbsup

benny

Advanced Member
on average it seams to give peole 10 bhp extra, has anyone had any different figures?

Option

Advanced Member
Finally got mine fitted this weekend 8) cant wait to have it mapped. Anyone else have a problem with positioning of the aircon feed ie with the bolting to the slam panel?

Stu

JCW

Advanced Member
I used a rubber lined p-clip to secure the ac line secured at the hole to the right of the original brackets location, used a 6mm bolt and lock nut

raz786

Advanced Member
Hey Chris, was nice meeting you today and thanx again for the lift to the cash point, the ebay user name for the RBC guy is sehablaauction, he sells other strange stuff though, might have to message him, believe it or not I got home about 8!

Option

Advanced Member
Ok so fitted mine a couple of weekends ago finally got up to Tdi today to get it mapped, now i dont think the results are fantastic but i imagine ists because i am still on the stock exhaust manifold ie more free flowing at one end that the other.

However my bhp increased from 231 to 237.2, but my torque dropped from 170.2 to 167.8 but i am much happier with the graph which has been produced this time. I will post in the gallery section once i have it scanned.

Stu

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Got my RBC from the dude on Ebay, arrived in about a week, not bad, and no duty/vat to be paid!
Got it fitted in and still have the bonnet arm attached no need to remove that.. the aircon stayed in during fitting also.

I notice the engine does rev more freely now... i'm currently running the oem airbox, and have no k-pro.. so will RR the car when i get those.

Thanks to the guys at tuningfactory.ie

Newty

Advanced Member
I hope to get to TDi North in a few weeks to get one of these fitted (those who have read my CO2 problem Type R Chat will know why!).

I already have: KPro, Toda Mani, Poweflow 'zorst, GruppeM, Spoon TB.

I'll post up some results....