Rbc is it worth the £££

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Hi guys my car is pretty modded all round ie exhaust,mani,decat,aem cai, but no rbc. Will I notice one or not? Email back from cpl today and the price seems a bit too rich.

RBC - £249.98
Adaptor - £45
Cutting of RBC to fit K20 engine - £19.50
Hondata heatshield gasket normally £60.28 but we can offer for £45 if purchased at the same time as the RBC and adaptor (optional)
Fitting if required, including adapting existing intake system - £176.40

Just want a honest opinion :)

c7frw84

Advanced Member
If you have a kpro ecu then you will definitely notice the difference with the rbc, not sure if you would notice a great deal without it, I think you should be able to get it cheaper if you try tegiwa as there's already come modified to fit the k20.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Keep you eye out for a used one?! I bought one for £200 with Hondata gasket and tb adaptop. Basically ready to fit.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I bought mine off ebay from the states brand new pre modified and injen induction kit for about 450 delivered.sold my aem v2 for 150 and sold prc intake for 80 quid I think which coveredt good chunk of cost.im sure I only paid 30 for gasket and adapter plate came already fitted.

itrsarg

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
im still trying to justify it myself, im already mapped with k100
True mike for £330ish I don't know, think I need to go out in one and see ;)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Factoring in a re-map, I personally wouldn't bother unless you can get one for cheap or are gung-ho about N/A tuning, in which case I would save up for some cams as well and map the whole lot together.

Are there any other areas of the car you're looking to improve?

itrsarg

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
Factoring in a re-map, I personally wouldn't bother unless you can get one for cheap or are gung-ho about N/A tuning, in which case I would save up for some cams as well and map the whole lot together.

Are there any other areas of the car you're looking to improve?
Just a bit more midrange really....

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
You still need to pay £800+ for the K-pro and £400+ for a remap to get the full advantage of a RBC...