RBC Painting

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Im looking to buy a RBC manifold from Tegiwa this month and just wanted to know what extra parts are required for fittment.. i know you need the manifold gasket and TB gasket plus the throttle adapter but is there anything im missing?

Any help would be great.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Vacuum hose for the Intake Air Bypass Control Thermal Valve: 36283-RAA-A00

Although I'm sure you'll probably have bits of spare hose lying about mate.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Cheers lads i take it thats all thats needed?

Tegiwa do the Thermal gaskets so i will most likely purchase them too.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Got the RBC coming from tegiwa and have been thinking of maybe spraying it or possibly polishing it...

I'm leaning more towards painting as polishing will be a pita but I'm just wondering has anyone painted there's and does it need to be etched primed first or will the paint adear to bare metal?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
That looks spot on.. Really goes well with the plug cover.. Did you use any type of primer?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Just brought some acid etch primer & VHT wrinkle black like dotty's

So will have a go as soon as it arrives :)

therealspooner

Advanced Member
Just a tip or two fella... the more heat you give VHT the better ;) Don't spray it on too thick like it says either!! Thin, even coats. It won't look any good if you were to let the paint air dry in these temperatures.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Just a tip or two fella... the more heat you give VHT the better ;) Don't spray it on too thick like it says either!! Thin, even coats. It won't look any good if you were to let the paint air dry in these temperatures.
Cheers for the advice mate :)

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I like the sound of that... How much would it cost?
I haven't recieved it yet so could probably do it before you send it out to me depending the price :)

leejw87

Spoon Whore
£40 but it could only be done on brand new rbc's
I will phone you hopefully today to try and arrange this before you send the RBC out to me...

Edit: it turned up this afternoon so looks like i will be doing it wrinkle black still.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
What are people doing with the Spare MAP sensor slot on the RBC when fitting.. just noticed it will be open to atmosphere when everything is on the car.

Edit: I'm going to tap a thread and put a bolt in as most rbcs I've seen don't use the hole anyway.

cwwoodley

Im too interested about an RBC and have noticed that twgiwa sell two different ones, one is £250 and the other one is £500,

Can anyone help me with waht is different between the two, is it that the £500 one comes with the gasketys and tb adapter plate, or are there other differences with the fitting, as if you buy the £250 one and then buy all the seperate parts it comes nowhere near the £500 price?

thanks