RBC worthwhile on a Supercharged K20?

sinbad

Advanced Member
Im after some more views on this.

From my point of view the RBC flows better and as such should make good gains both NA and Forced induction. However after running it past a couple of tuners the feeling im getting is that it wouldnt be worth it or theres not much to gain. I'm interested to know from people that have either fitted an RBC to there Force fed K20 or who has hands on experience on whether this will be a worthwhile mod.

To put this in to perspective the intake manifold that is supplied with most Jackson chargers have rough intake chambers. This maybe for a specific reason and id be interested to know why.

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
If you are using Comptech or jackson, they will supply with the manifold anyway so you won't need the RBC.

Here is the photo of the CT kit -

So you don't need the RBC at all.

what we normally do is, we do a port and polish on the intake manifold on the CT manifold to get it smoother for better flow, you should be able to get 280-290bhp with this kit or 300+ with upgrade pulley

Dixon

sinbad

Advanced Member
Hey Dixon, hope your well.

Ive already got a Supercharger fitted ;)
Im using the Rotrex charger which uses the oem intake manifold.

the Charger you fitted to the NSX also had rough intake chambers and to quote you:

ProRacer said:
That intake chamber is designed to be rough, I have asked Comptech about this they said this is better.
Dixon
I just want to understand why and also for my specific car if the RBC would be beneficial to my setup.

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Yes the NSX one is suppose to be rough thats why CT said should be better, but on the K20 one we polish out a little just to get some little gain on the top end.

You will probably have a little gain with the RBC but with FI the air is being push into the intake rather than sucking in by the engine, so you won't make much different with RBC, you main gain a little from a bigger throttle body and ported RBC.

Why not spend the money on CO2 injection into the intercooler instead for the Rotrex?

sinbad

Advanced Member
Dixcelbrake said:
Why not spend the money on CO2 injection into the intercooler instead for the Rotrex?

Thanks Dixon, that may go some way to explaining things!.

Where can i find CO2 injection? and how much am i looking?
This has been mentioned to me before.

Im not after big HP gains, just a more efficient and safe engine. Being force fed i want to keep temps down and intake/exhaust free flowing.

sinbad

Advanced Member
Thanks again Dixon. I don't have an intercooler as i have the stage 1 kit.

How much money would we be looking at for the intercooler?
How much for the Ice Tube?

Would it be worth the cost and what reduction in temps should i be expecting from a Ice Tube?

Just weighing up options at the minute, i think id prefer a intercooler but im open to the idea of the ice tube.

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
With the intercooler, you are looking at 40 degrees+ lower intake temp and another 8-10 degrees with ice tube

We have seen 76 degrees of intake temp with Rotrax kit with normal intercooler on track use, so the gain is alot with CO2 system. I just cannot imagine how hot is it gonna be without the intercooler.

Intercooler itself is from £450 for the smallest size, that will be enough for what you need if you have CO2 system

CO2 kit is around £350

Ice tube is £160.

Probably just get the CO2 kit with intercooler first, if the temp stays at around 30 degrees or lower then is not much point to get the Ice tube as its only another few degrees lower.

S max is the only system in the world that provide internal cooling instead of CO2 spray on the outside like all the others and on one of the EVO I have seen, it had 150bhp gain by just fitted in CO2 system.