rc 550cc injectors fitment?

brucey87

Advanced Member
Done a search both on google and on here but couldnt find the answer.

My mate has offered me rc 550cc injectors that came from a h22 prelude but not sure if they would fit a k20? Anyone know if they would fit? Or would there not be any point.

I have a blitz intake, 70mm tb, rbc, maximworks mani and spoon n1 cat back already. Thought the injectors would work well after kpro which is nxt on the 'to do list'

eXceed

Resident Driver
brucey87 said:
Done a search both on google and on here but couldnt find the answer.

My mate has offered me rc 550cc injectors that came from a h22 prelude but not sure if they would fit a k20? Anyone know if they would fit? Or would there not be any point.

I have a blitz intake, 70mm tb, rbc, maximworks mani and spoon n1 cat back already. Thought the injectors would work well after kpro which is nxt on the 'to do list'
With those mods are you getting anywhere near the 100% duty of these injectors? Whilst extra flow would be good for FI, the best thing to do would be to get some injectors with a better spray pattern. Even if you managed to get the prelude injectors to fit...

EDIT - oh are the injectors from the prelude uprated?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
std size is 310, they are more than capable of working with what you have already got mods wise

Stoo

Whining.....
As above, the OEM injectors are more than capable of coping with your mods....
If when you get kpro, you are at 90%+ injector duty, then think about changing them.

Besides the 550 RC injectors have a poor spray pattern so i'd avoid personally.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Ok il give them a miss then. Just wasn't sure if they would give me a extra gain after kpro.

Thanks for everyones advice

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
My duty was hitting 85/86% with bolt-ons and stock nozzles

So I upgraded to some OEM 410cc items from the acura RDX, they are actually great!

Smoother running than stock and capable of supporting cams + k24 short motor in the future.

R-GREG

Could anyone recommend a bhp figure for upgrading from the 310's, i'm hearing different things from different tunners?

Would a poor spray pattern on the 550's effect performance or would it just make the car difficult a pain to drive on on low revs? I picked some up as they were cheap but if they aren't good maybe i'll get some 440's (if i even need them).

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there will be NO hp increase just from changing injectors (it is more likely you would lose power due to overfueling), if someone quotes there is i wouldnt go near them. All you are doing is adding extra fuel with no control.

you should stick with std 310's they will have the best pattern and will be better quality (from memory you need to cut into the loom to fit rc injectors anyway) until you have to fit cams or a supercharger, for general breathing mods they are more than adequate.

dont forget honda spend millions on R&D for their parts making sure spray patterns and component lifespan are good, RC will just use a generic pattern injector from the box of injectors.

R-GREG

Sorry i meant a bhp figure where it might be advisable to upgrade.

I have cams, some people are telling me that an injector upgrade is not needed unless you go FI but i've read the opposite that the car will get to a stage where you will be pushing your injectors to 90%+ and should therefore upgrade. 8-[

Stoo

Whining.....
C&S Evo7 said:
from memory you need to cut into the loom to fit rc injectors anyway
You can get around this by using adapter harnesses, like I have, look like this....

R-GREG said:
where you will be pushing your injectors to 90%+ and should therefore upgrade. 8-[
Do some datalogs with your K-pro.
Have a look at the injector duty cycle.
If this is over 90%, I would reccomend changing them for bigger injectors.
Not for more power, just to ensure your injectors aren't running at max chat....

eXceed

Resident Driver
R-GREG said:
Sorry i meant a bhp figure where it might be advisable to upgrade.

I have cams, some people are telling me that an injector upgrade is not needed unless you go FI but i've read the opposite that the car will get to a stage where you will be pushing your injectors to 90%+ and should therefore upgrade. 8-[
Anymore info on your build at all? Can't see anything from your posts :(.

R-GREG

toda A3 cams, Gruppe M,RBC Inlet Mani, J's Racing 65mm Lrg T/B, Toda 4-1 Mani, bc 4 catback,

I've got the plug and play on order and some rc550's as the were going mega cheep, thinking I could sell them on if not needed.
So i guess datalogs are the answer, need to find a spare laptop :(

Thanks for the info ;)

Stoo

Whining.....
eXceed said:
Not able to read a sig ;) :p

No worries for the info dude, just check before you fit them what your duty is at...

eXceed

Resident Driver
R-GREG said:

toda A3 cams, Gruppe M,RBC Inlet Mani, J's Racing 65mm Lrg T/B, Toda 4-1 Mani, bc 4 catback,

I've got the plug and play on order and some rc550's as the were going mega cheep, thinking I could sell them on if not needed.
So i guess datalogs are the answer, need to find a spare laptop :(

Thanks for the info ;)
Woooaa you've got all those mods and no kpro!?!?? :eek: