Re Map with Romain

skengdR

Advanced Member
I heard about Romain / Racecal through this forum and facebook and contacted him in May/June to arrange a remap. I knew my car had a k100 and was mapped once at eurospec as the previous owner gave me dyno sheets with max power figures of 222 hp .

I just wanted to get it remapped before I go crazy with mods so I can see and compare before and after figures. My only engine mod at this stage is an injen cold air intake that I got off another dc5 owner on facebook.

Well after the 2 to 3 month wait , I can see why Romain is so recommended and so busy . He is a top guy and very professional , all my silly questions were answered . After the first run he told me the car was making good power at 235 hp and he was surprised I didnt have a rrc or rbc intake 8manifold . He managed to get it to 237 hp and Im quite happy with that.

Ill be trying to go back in December or January after I change the intake and exhaust manifolds. The only bad news he gave me was that my k100 ecu is on its way out as it looks like it had some dodgy soldering done . So ill be looking to get a kpro asap and hoping that this k100 will last me until I meet with Romain again .

Overall a good and positive experience for me , It was done at Perfect Touch in Enfield , I posted a lot of the pics of cars there on my IG story (@skengd)

During the drive back home the car pulls a lot smoother and idles a lot better than before , I also had him give me the engine check light shift light feature .

I cant wait to take it to Santa Pod and see if my time has improved . Current pb is 14.6

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Great news mate and good numbers. Romain is a top guy, used him a few times now and he is my go to mapper (luckily not too far from me either). He really knows his stuff and the cars he works on always seem to pull better and feel a lot smoother when he has finished with them.

My story was similar. When I bought it the map from Eurospec was 222hp with the full DC Sport manifold and catback but after the baffles starting to go in the catback I decided to upgrade to a brand new RM01A which is an amazing quality, lightweight and most importantly quiet system.

I got the RM01a fitted and put the car on the rollers for a power and AFR check and the results on the Dyno Dynamics (aka - HEART BREAKER) were 197whp which is 235.6bhp at the flywheel. My AFR was out badly from 6K upwards so I booked it in with Romain and he sorted the car for me.

The end results are 214.1whp which is 249.42bhp at the flywheel and vtec has set itself to kicks in at 4800rpm again with no RRC or RBC (no need for one imo), all numbers aside it's how the car pulls now and feels, it feels new which I assume is the car with yours, it just feels smooth and right...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Great figures, you happy with that bud! Does the car feel better now?

Carl - Was looking at Skeng's exhaust at the meet the other week as he wasn't too sure what system he has. I've said it looks like a DC Sports possibly?

Can you confirm as you've had one haven't you?

skengdR

Advanced Member
I keep forgetting to take photos of the exhaust when I have the car on a lift . Ill take some pics tomorrow and upload them and see what Carl thinks.

The car feels totally different , I wish I had a better word to desribe it than smooth but it just feels smoother . Even at slow speeds it doesnt feel as jerky as it did before .

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Great figures, you happy with that bud! Does the car feel better now?

Carl - Was looking at Skeng's exhaust at the meet the other week as he wasn't too sure what system he has. I've said it looks like a DC Sports possibly?

Can you confirm as you've had one haven't you?
Yeah I can easily confirm if it‘s a DC one or not guys :)

skengdR

Advanced Member
Quick photos of the muffler back box today , sorry these arent the best . Couldnt get the car on the lift at work today .

carl hammond

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
Quick photos of the muffler back box today , sorry these arent the best . Couldnt get the car on the lift at work today .

That‘s 100% not a DC Sport system, rolled out isn‘t what they do, this was my old one

I believe it had DC sport embossed on the top, trying to find that pic, but his ones deff not it mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
It‘s not spoon as no hole in it, it‘s not j‘s, Fuji, kaki, mugen or hks so wondering if it‘s a custom backbox or spoon replica maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk