Re-Pin'ing Injector Clips

Stoo

Whining.....
Anybody any idea how I can do this?

I have got some RC 650s for my JRSC build.

I dont want to cut/splice the original wiring for the injectors in case i wanna go back to OEM.

I have some new clips for the RCs from CPL, but they aren't plug and play.

Can i Slide the old OEM Plug off and put the new RC one on without having to cut/splice anything?

Any help massively appreciated....

Stoo

EK9turbo

no as the RC injector clips are fed in from the front! (if theyre the black pigtail plugs unterminated)

if your really set on not cutting the OEM harness, then you could remove the outer sheath between the stock injector plugs and the harness, then shorten the rc pigtails and use an insulation spreading tool to spread the insulation without cutting into the wires, then use a pin or multimeter tip to half the exposed copper wire, thread the relevant pigtail wire through, trist tightly and solder (whilst making sure the pigtail wire runs towards the injector). do this for both and tape, or if you have access to quality heatshrink, then BEFORE SOLDERING de-pin the OEM connectors, get the heatshrink on and up past where the joint is going to be, solder in as per above (strong mechanical joint!) then putt the oem plug back onto the pins.

Common side gives 12v with ignition ON

then you'll have two different connector interchangable, although you would have to protect the exposed pins form the weather with suitable grease.

When it cam to switching back to stock you would desolder the joint, remove the rc pigtail connectors and depin then resheat shrink the stock harness wires individually.

although I would strongly advise you not worry about cutting into your harness if you have the equipmentt to do a proffesional job on the install.

Will

Stoo

Whining.....
To be honest, the method you have described, i might as well have cut the plugs off and re-soldered new ones on.

This is not what i want.

I don't want to be cutting/splicing/sheathing/soldering them on!

I have now sourced some plug and play type connectors

Thanks