Re070 vs Alternative 245/40 tyre??

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Right I have 2 spare TE37 rims, I want to get a set of summer tyres and a set of winter tyres. I can then swap them alternatively on the front of the car. For the summer I am trying to choose a tyre. I would like to know in peoples opinion what tyre would have more grip a set of re070s on the front. Or a set of 245/40 not sure what make but looks like Dunlop SP sportmax according to the prices on Camskill.

Really in general what I want to know, do people think the 245 size would out grip the 225 re070. I know the 245 width would look better anyway, but i love the thread pattern on the re070, best on the market I think. Also what winter tyres would people recommend. I will be needing to order tyres soon so will just order the 4 of them at the same time. More interested in my summer tyres though :)

mike.williams

Advanced Member
ive got 245/40's ad08 on my 8.5" re30 fronts for track,

but i have a pair of se37k's in 7.5" for the front for road, 245s are not good on the road really,

if your not tracking it, re070 in 225/45 should give plenty of grip and stil look meaty enough for you. they could possibly outgrip and 245 road tyre too

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've been paying £110 fitted but me near Wolverhampton which I thought wasn't bad

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
How do these RE070's compare to Goodyear asymmetric's? Ive Always got on well with the Goodyears, in the dry especially! But they are shocking in the snow and ice!! :xaiweb6:

All my family's other cars out-grip my Teg in snowy/icy conditions.

G Man

Advanced Member
Teg_Ben said:
How do these RE070's compare to Goodyear asymmetric's? Ive Always got on well with the Goodyears, in the dry especially! But they are shocking in the snow and ice!! :xaiweb6:

All my family's other cars out-grip my Teg in snowy/icy conditions.
I have had both, none are great in the snow and ice. Summer tyres after all. I'd recommend both, go with the best deal you can find.

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Cheers G man, yeah thought as much. Suppose what you gain in the summer you loose in this shite! :xyes: