RE070

Hoti

Advanced Member
Seeing as AD08s have become extinct i wanna order 4 RE070's today however after reading and doing abit of research i cannot find them for 215/45/17 which is what i have at the moment on stock wheels, i read they only come in 225, so im assuming that is an issue or am i just being abit thick, i dont really know what the tyre codes really mean except for 17 being the rim size lol so my question is cancan i use these tyres on my stock rims? If not what is the next best thing, im limited to how much i can do at work! A PM/reply would be awesome, thanks!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
215 is the Width of Tyre in millimeters.
45 is the profile, depth of the wall. this is a % of the width (45% of 215mm)

Changing from 215 to 225 will give an actual diameter change of 9mm and a difference in diameter of 1.44%

They recommend a maximum of + or - 2.5% so yes they will be perfectly fine :) think quite a few on here run the re070's on oem rims :)

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I'm running RE070's on my stock wheels at the moment and they fit perfectly. I'd look on camskill if your looking to buy some, as i think last time i checked they were about £103 each.

Bonito

Advanced Member
225/45/17's RE070's on OEM wheels. No problems whatsoever. Fantastic tyre but are a bit noisy.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
i run them and they are spot on, wouldnt really rate them in the wet especially on track.

AD08s though not sure how your struggling to find them? They are what i am going for next but in 225 plus 225 is cheaper than 215. £470 for 4 fully fitted :D Only going for AD08s next time to try them out as they were great on other cars, but mainly for the wet weather if i ever get caught out on a wet track day.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
RE070 are excellent tyres all around... it's that good i have bought a spare set of 4 waiting in my garage when my current RE070 needing to be replaced next year. :xaiweb5:

kazmo

Advanced Member
Any issues rubbing if fitted on rota wheels ? 17x7.5 et 45
I had rubbing on front and rear with this set up, depends how low your car is though, iirc I raised mine about 10mm all round and had to roll the arches as well

phozy888

Advanced Member
I had rubbing on front and rear with this set up, depends how low your car is though, iirc I raised mine about 10mm all round and had to roll the arches as well
ah ok too much work for this.. me thinks ill try the federal rs-r next

redcap

Advanced Member
Just bought RE070's for mine, I have 17 x 8 ET 45 wheels and Spoon springs. Will be interesting to see if they rub, hopefully they won't.

Barnaby Webber

I run RE070's on my rota 17x8 ET 48 and it has eibach pro springs, its also running 1.5 degrees negative camber all round and i get no rubbing. Perfect all round ride and look. Great tires!

redcap

Advanced Member
Got the RE070's fitted today and as I suspected they rub on the rear. Looks like I'll need my arches rolled and maybe more camber?

Odd thing is I have rear adjustable arms and TGM's FRS at -1.10 degrees but there seems to be more camber on the passenger side than the drivers side which is rubbing more.

I did have some weight in the boot, will try it without tomorrow and see if it rubs less or not at all.

redcap

Advanced Member
Well, they still rub, the garage didn't put the left rear sprigot ring back on (hoping they kept it?) and I am getting the rear arches rolled asap!

The tyres feel ok but no where near as good as the AD-08's, I should have got another set of them. The RE070 that the FD2 uses are better than these IMO.

Edit:
Arches now rolled, no rubbing, tyres feel good! Similar to the AD08's but the ride quality is a bit better probably due to the larger sidewall. I would recommend them for sure.

I got mine for £100 a corner delivered from oponeo.co.uk