RE070s with eibach coils rubbing quite abit

Hoti

Advanced Member
Hey,

I have recently got a set of RE070s which are fantastic tyres but ive noticed quite alot of rubbing is happening. I have Eibach coil-overs and they car sits fairly low so im assuming this is what is causing this. Is it a simple case of taking it to say TGM which are nearby and getting them to adjust them or do i need some adjustable rear LCA's before hand as ive been previously told? I don't have the "key" to adjust the coil overs as they came with the car so again i hope that isn't a problem.

Can someone give me a bit of info about this please as im a little stumped, thanks in advance! :xwavey:

Nige.

dave7368

Advanced Member
i have the exact same set up at the mo, though not for much longer, i had to raise the front and rear about 10mm and have the rear arches rolled, advisable to get rear adjustable camber arms and frsu .. what size rims?

Hoti

Advanced Member
So what is it i need for FRSU to be fit? Rear camber kit? lower control arms? Also heard something about a specific type of camber bolt for the front aswell? Im abit clueless on all of this, i thought my eibach coilovers would of been enough haha! So any info would be great!

EDIT** also as per my first post i dont have a "key" or anything to adjust my coilovers is this a "big" problem?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
what size are they?

for a fast road setup you need adjustable rear camber arms and camber bults for the front.

Hoti

Advanced Member
Tyres are 225/45/17 RE070s on 17inch OEM RIMS. What do the bolts do? They seem just like normal bolts on looking at funkypower...

Spoons86

Advanced Member
I have same issue with mine, also running 225/45/17's on eibach springs and oem shocks, as above with oem shocks for example you will need camber bolts up front and adjustable rear camber arms, as you have the coilovers buy yourself some C' spanners off ebay £12 and raise the rears up to the required hight, counting the turns each side to make sure hight is even, then get some rear camber arms and get your FRSU sorted.

this should solve your problem, failing that the standard rubber size for the DC5 is 215 which will give you an extra 10mm clearance on the rear arches.

Barnaby Webber

I have 17x8 rotas et48, eibach pro lowering springs and have to run a couple of minutes under 2 degrees negative camber at the back for it not to rub. I run 1.5 degrees negative on the front and love this set up. The tires have done 8,000 miles and havent scrubbed on the inside too badly either. Camber kit for rear and bolts for front supplied and fitted at TGM, great place, great service, great guys!