Really starting to annoy me now!!

eXceed

Resident Driver
I'm really starting to get fed up with people at the moment!! Everywhere I go I get about 5-10 IDIOTS turning around, looking at my car and telling me to slow down. It's not even funny any more, I was driving through my local town (Stamford) and I was honestly doing 10 (yes 10!!!) mph and I had 3 people turning around waving their hands up and down and mouthing to slow down. I gave them the BIGGEST evils, I'm soo fed up of this perception. My only problem is that although I could brush it off my shoulder and ignore it, my car is soo unique and easy to spot that I often get the police saying they've had reports of a car matching my description driving aggressively. Nothing has come of it yet and the only time I put my foot down is on roads that are suitable for it. Quite obviously a town centre with walls that reverberate every single tiny sound isn't the best place to floor it with a BuddyClub Pro Spec (never mind the other numerous hazards!!!).
Well just wanted to hear if I'm not the only one that gets this! Luckily my dad's a lawyer and I've done nothing wrong so I'm not worried in the slightest but it's just really doing my nut in! My only saving grace is that I've got a new exhaust coming within the week so should hopefully turn the decibels down somewhat!

eXceed

Resident Driver
rossteg88 said:
are you looking to sell your exhaust mate? :-k
Hah, I will be at some point... But it's nowhere near 100%... When I get it off there is some welding it needs doing (I've got a welder and someone who can use it onsite though...).

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yeah my sister used to get that... the problem is your exhaust is too loud mate. Plus stupid people that assume loud exhaust = speeding.

Regu06&R is my suggestion, Subtle out of VTEC, Monster in VTEC :twisted:

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Used to get this all the time from where I used to live. Was a small village and I was the only one with loud cars. Used to get loads of complaints all the time so had to coast the car as much as I could. Was the older people more than anything telling me I.was driving dangerously but of course I wasn't. So glad the day I moved and like a child I did a huge burn out up the road. Was wrong but I loved it

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if the regu06 bb will fit oem b-pipe or if it's needs it's kaki b counterpart?

Grov

Banned
Just ignore the idiots, your doing nothing wrong, so don't let it bother you.

And until the police have some evidence, they can piss off as well.

rossteg88

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
Does anyone know if the regu06 bb will fit oem b-pipe or if it's needs it's kaki b counterpart?
i dont know mate but i know the OEM backbox doesnt fit the kaki b-pipe, so i presume not

rossteg88

Advanced Member
can i have first dibs on that mate, depending on when it will be because ive got a small matter of my wedding to organise atm. if i do buy it i will be looking to sell my kaki.

NiCkO

Advanced Member
thats stamford for you lol everytime iv drive through in the coupe i get nothing but waved hands or looks like iv just shit on there child lol

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I guess im somewhat lucky, in my area most of my neighbours love my car, my next door neighbour an indonesian guy loves my car. When its frosty in the morning and im out i switch the car on and go about scraping it and he says he loves the purr of the twinloop just high idling 8)

My other neighbour asks me how i clean mine all the time. Never had a complaint about the noise. Mind you i live in a reasonable city and i have lived in my street for just about 20 years :lol:

-Woody-

Advanced Member
I sometimes get this. Even had a guy trying to take a photo/record me on hi phone as I drive by.
Maybe not ideal but I just give them the V's and a really big grin. I bet it really pisses them off lol

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I like how you post up your problem mate, and the opportunists immediately ask for 1st dibs on your exhaust :lol: (not having a go at anyone, just thought it was amusing :))

Just bear with it until you get your new exhaust on dude. It's most definitely that; I just fade into the background with my OEM pipes.

P.S. We need to catch up some time :)

eXceed

Resident Driver
-Woody- said:
I sometimes get this. Even had a guy trying to take a photo/record me on hi phone as I drive by.
Maybe not ideal but I just give them the V's and a really big grin. I bet it really urine them off lol
It's funny as my mum was in the car with me about a week ago and she said "Why is everyone giving you the evils?" - :lol:. I replied because they've got nothing better to do with their sad, pathetic lives. Honestly you'd think I'd killed their first born or something!!
Glad I'm not the only one though, also to the suggestion of fighting them I don't think that would go down so well... haa

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
eXceed said:
Glad I'm not the only one though, also to the suggestion of fighting them I don't think that would go down so well... haa
Ha ha, reminds me, I did that in Bluewater car park once....booted it in VTEC for a mate, a little kid on the pavement covered her ears is pure fear. Lol, that is bad... but did make me giggle...

Also once when my sister was following me, I gave it some VTEC through a tunnel.... sister had her window open and she claimed that someone said "WTF WAS THAT!??"

Good times... :lol: and the pure beauty of the Regu06&R! you just change gear and the sound is completely GONE, nobody would ever know! Wasn't me O:) :lol:

eXceed

Resident Driver
PORTHOS said:
eXceed said:
Ha ha, reminds me, I did that in Bluewater car park once....booted it in VTEC for a mate, a little kid on the pavement covered her ears is pure fear. Lol, that is bad... but did make me giggle...

Also once when my sister was following me, I gave it some VTEC through a tunnel.... sister had her window open and she claimed that someone said "WTF WAS THAT!??"

Good times... :lol: and the pure beauty of the Regu06&R! you just change gear and the sound is completely GONE, nobody would ever know! Wasn't me O:) :lol:
Hah that's quite funny :D, poor kid!! Probably thought she was going to be killed by that madman in a Honda :lol:. Yeah, well here is to hoping that once I get a new exhaust that the constant (negative) attention goes away! Although I'm not changing because of everyone else, more for myself so I can actually make track days :). Heard only good things about the Regu06&R, and the Youtube vids look (and sound) 8). If I change down a gear I get a loud droning that if anything is even worst than VTEC sound as it's very obvious where the sound was coming from!
Also I am thinking about returning to GT5, although I really can't be asked going through all the medals and stuff again!!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
anyone else p!ss3d off with their exhaust and want to sell me their Spoon N1 by any chance :green:

V7MAT

clean freak
blueguy said:
Just bear with it until you get your new exhaust on dude. It's most definitely that; I just fade into the background with my OEM pipes.
:-#