Rear arch rolling, where to go

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Morning

Can anywhere recommend a trusted place to get the rear arches rolled ?

Any help is much appreciated

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'd speak to Performance Autoworks, ask for Rich. 01285 711733

Not sure he'd do it though, depends how much you want.

Failing that then TGM will definitely do it, but a bit of a trek.

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member

I was at Area Motorsport getting a Healthcheck done on the 5 and got them to do it there. Brilliant work. I'll be going back there soon for more work. Rob is brilliant

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Many thanks guys. Have been to performance auto works a few times and they are quality, have also been to area a few times and have much respect for Rob and his team so will more than likely go there.

Don't want and paint or metal problems as the car is mint.

Many thanks for the advice is much appreciated lads

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Suppose with arch rolling there is no guarantee that paint won't chip, crack or flake. Its a risk you will have to take into account.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Thanks for the heads up, I did my ep3 myself and I did crack the paint on the one side. Had the heat on but I couldn't stop it :-(

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Suppose with arch rolling there is no guarantee that paint won't chip, crack or flake. Its a risk you will have to take into account.
Agree. I think a fresh lick of paint is always a benefit when arches have been rolled.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Just a head ups and speaking from experience with this.

If the arch ends up cracking you are in for a real nightmare. Mine cracked and within a month the whole arch had rusted and started to peel away from it then catching on the wheel.

Had to get the whole thing cut out and rebuilt, painted etc.

Cjhdc5

LewisK20 said:
Just a head ups and speaking from experience with this.

If the arch ends up cracking you are in for a real nightmare. Mine cracked and within a month the whole arch had rusted and started to peel away from it then catching on the wheel.

Had to get the whole thing cut out and rebuilt, painted etc.
How much did it all cost mate if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren4

Advanced Member
What's the purpose of rolling the arches btw? Assuming it's cause people lower there cars quite a bit?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Many thanks for the advice above. It's all about the clearance but not sure if it's worth it.

I'd like to run a set of rpf1's 17x8 et45 with 225/45 tyres. My last dc5 ran 17x7.5 et45 with 225/45 with no problems so I'm not sure it's worth it :-(

Rom

Advanced Member
I rolled mine myself, at Castle Combe, with some wood, a hammer, and a heat gun.

The paint shouldn't crack if done properly, even mine didn't. I've had no problems since, it went to the body shop about a year after, still no issues with arches.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk