Rear Brakes

2ndy

Advanced Member
OEM and dixcel here aswell. Had blueprint pads before but used a full set of rears in one track day so i now rate them as crap lol

miki1212

Advanced Member
is there any bigger discs about for the rears? i know everyone is going to say the stock ones are more than capable and dont need uprating, but in my eyes they just look ridiculously small behind the wheels....

oh, i have oem discs and PMU pads

ChesterJSY

OEM discs and ferodo DS2500's to match what's up front, very pleased with them. I wore out a set of standard rear pads on 2 track days so bought new discs and new pads and not looked back.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I thought fitting big brakes for no reason other than to make it look better was for the Volkswagen boys!

miki1212

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
I thought fitting big brakes for no reason other than to make it look better was for the Volkswagen boys!
something wrong with trying to make it look better then?

RichA

Advanced Member
Surely putting larger brakes on the back will massively affect the balance? You'd have the rears locking up before the fronts when braking really hard I'd have thought?

miki1212

Advanced Member
but would it really effect it that much if the oem caliper is used? probably not that much i would have thought..
i wasnt on about sticking some brembo 4 pots on the back, just stepping up the size of the disc.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
For sure it would shift the balance rearward, but some people like the rotation is gives. It's like fitting wider wheels on the front. It all effects balance, just depends on your driving style I suppose.

Or you just want it for looks.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
You would need larger carriers to increase the disc size. I suspect there isn't anything available, unless you know of another car with larger discs and the same bolt spacing.

I used to have P11 carriers on my P10 to run 280mm rears, but I increased the front braking with r32 gtr fronts so it needed the balance shifting rear.

miki1212

Advanced Member
but then assuming you have bigger front brakes as well that would return the balance to the front.. i can't really see it being noticeable to the average twice a year trackday person

i do sincerely apologize for not having a VW but it is something i will be looking into..

jrscho

Advanced Member
Stoptech big brakes upfront and oem discs and pads for the rear... My mechanic said that's fine for me since rears only about 30% stopping power and the big brakes will help.... Although I do want bigger rear brakes to match too lol.

You can get rear big brake kits for ep3 etc so you could probably make them work for our cars too..