rear bulbs!!!

dp9901

Advanced Member
i recently picked up my dc5 have wired the fog light into the rear cluster and was trying to find a red bulb but cant seem to.going to paint the bulb but out of curiosity where can you get the bulbs from as they are a strange wedge type and wattage for the rear ones :?

JCW

Advanced Member
I got some red led side light bulbs for this they were T10 wedge, clear lens.

b12oon

Advanced Member
how often will you use your rear fog light?
im thinking once a year at mot time?

you have probably tried using red paint but if you get a burgandy/maroon
touch up paint it should be a better :wink: used to have to paint my old break lightbulbs in the civic

dan the man

Advanced Member
compared to most cars the DC5 rear lights are really good anyway for seeing through mist and fog even.

timp

Advanced Member
mot

mate it is a requirement of law that you have a working fog light, if the cops get you during the year and you have removed it then it is a finable offense as your car is dangerous.

The fog light should be 21watt so that 5w one will be no use also its a 16mm fitting.

http://dashlights.co.uk/cart.php?target ... ory_id=293

I have just got myself two red 21w led bulbs but....the glass on the reversing section of the tail light seams to defract the light and thus its not that bright.

I have a mate who works at the local garage and he assures me it would fail the MOT.

I this that you need a normal wedge bulb and pait it red or get a red one as the light will shine out of the bulb in all directions.

This is just my experience.

Tim

tedg

Advanced Member
need to get this also.

Still has white bulbs (i can 'reverse' on the motorway... yay) but i guess no-one has done this in the 3 years the car has been in the uk :roll: Azz?