Rear bumper removal

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Depending if you still have wheel arch liners or not, undo a couple of screws in the wheel arch (3?) then two from underneath.Pull bumper off remembering it must come out from the wing before it can go backwards.

jay.dee

Advanced Member
There are a couple of screws through the bumper into the underneath of the lights, so either unscrew those, or the back of the lights first.

Also not sure if C&S Evo was referring to these, but won't hurt to repeat, undo 2 nuts behind and above the number plate.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Its a 5 minute job when you know what your doing.

We often take them off when putting the DC5's through SVa.

1st of all, as prevuiuosly mentioned - you need to take out the screws on the underside of the bumper (5 i think) then 2 under each rear wheel arch.

then pull the bumper out of its clips from each corner. then the bumper lifts off.

Be aware that there may be some wiring from the UK foglight that may be damaged if you pull it off with too much vigor. This will have to be disconnected before removal of the bumper.

You shouldnt find it too difficult.

Hope this helps :wink: :wink: :wink:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
PLUS THIS AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED -

"here are a couple of screws through the bumper into the underneath of the lights, so either unscrew those, or the back of the lights first.

Also not sure if C&S Evo was referring to these, but won't hurt to repeat, undo 2 nuts behind and above the number plate"

[/b][/i]

p1tse

Advanced Member
Can this be done with rear wheels on?

What tool(s) required to access the bolts whilst wheels are on?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah wheels on is fine.

Theres a vid on YouTube (rsx rear bumper removal) something like that. Easy easy easy. Makes thebfeont look complicated haha. Just don't forget to take the rear number plate off. Lol

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Yeah wheels on is fine.

Theres a vid on YouTube (rsx rear bumper removal) something like that. Easy easy easy. Makes thebfeont look complicated haha. Just don't forget to take the rear number plate off. Lol
Ah cool. Just need to double check as mine looked a bit different to one of those videos, from the number of screws next to wheel; as I thought it looks like for the rear lip?

Clueless with tools, what do I need a flexi or other type to get to these screws as not much space between tyres and screws?

Richie200

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Ah cool. Just need to double check as mine looked a bit different to one of those videos, from the number of screws next to wheel; as I thought it looks like for the rear lip?
Clueless with tools, what do I need a flexi or other type to get to these screws as not much space between tyres and screws?
If you're leaving the wheels on you could always hold a screw bit between pliers to get to the arch liner screws. Always worked for me, but I normally take the wheels off if I'm not in a rush as such.

Or you could buy a right angled or offset screwdriver. :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks.
I need to go to screwfix, so may try and pick up something at the same time

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Keep an eye out for the small rachet set that Aldi have on offer. It was only about 20 quid but good quality. It has a small rachet with screw driver attachments, perfect for this a lots of teg chores.

Richie200

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Thanks
Looking on screwfix would something like this be suffice, not sure if it will give enough clearance from tyre to screw ?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/angle-screwdriver-set-12pc/13391
Which is only sub £7
Or eBay sub £4 options?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221431199817
11 Piece Right Angled Offset Ratchet Screwdriver Set NEW Philips Posi Torx
If you're collecting from screwfix, surely they'll let you see if it fits first. Be surprised if they don't.

They eBay looks fine to me though.

k!ng

Advanced Member
Good tip regarding the angled screwdriver.
Just bought the ebay one.

p1tse

Advanced Member
My eBay ones have arrived

Which screws need to come out, one hidden inside at the top and then (as per pic), is it just the top seen screw, assuming the bottom two is for the rear lip?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Third one up, and the hidden one at the top, the side should then just pull out away from the car.