Rear caliper rebuild kit

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
I'm not sure but Tom at TGM will be able to tell you yes or no.
Brakes-direct is also a very good place to get kits from. I have done my EK9 brakes with there kits, good quality.

Don't skimp on the price.

brucey87

Advanced Member
if it was fronts i wouldnt be messing about and id be getting a whole new caliper but as its rears im not too bothered as long as i get both calipers working at same stength. will take a look at brakes direct site. thanks mate

mario_v

Advanced Member
have you taken the caliper off and stripped it down yet to see if its something simple like a stuck slider or corrosion? before you go forking out, id strip it down give it a good clean, wire brush / sand paper where needed and re-lubricate. had a similar problem with mine a while back and this cured it.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Yh i think a mate done it for me when he fitted new rear discs and pads for me. Not sure what he done but remember he had it apart and greasing things up. Still comes up with same problem on last 2 mot's now.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
strange, the caliper rebuild kit from the ep3 rear should be fine. i would check the pad can move easily in the sliders too

Brucey, the front calipers are actually very easy to rebuild, the pistons pop out easily , new seals are straightforward to fit, theres nothing spceial in there.

brucey87

Advanced Member
still having isues with my rear calipers. can anyone confirm that a Honda rebuild kit (not including piston) for a dc2 would work on a dc5. also would rear pads for dc2 fit dc5? i've been told both will fit but not sure? so need confirmation

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Ep3 is the same dont think dc2 is but could well be thinking of something else, have a look at bigg red brakes

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Why not order the rebuild kit from Dave at Steels ? you will get the right one then for sure.

The pads are the same on several models for sure, but I m not sure about the actual calliper,