Rear camber arms

BigCarlo

Just a quick question

Has anyone noticed a difference with the different makes ??

whats the best ones to get or are they all basically the same thing

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've used 2 sets of the hardrace ones and they've been great especially for the money

Have a set of skunk2 ones for new car which are superior quality but hurt the wallet

Hobs

I have used japspeed for 3ish years with no issue.
Even managed to open them last week with no issue, after been tight for the 3 years.

BigCarlo

Has anyone noticed a difference with the pillow mount ones and the non pillow mount?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Just a few cheap options. I'd buy a new set of the hardrace ones Carlo, they're only approx £95 delivered.

They all weather though unfortunately, I try my hardest to protect the components but when hit by water, salt etc it weathers them all

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I don't agree with the calls that Skunk2 are good quality. Firstly: they use thin aluminium locking nuts on the adjustment turnbuckle, so don't expect them to come undone without damage or at all if you're planning on installing them and leaving them for several years of weather. Secondly, the inner bushing on my set is falling apart. Thirdly: they don't come with the captive nut on the 'link to hub' mount and don't bother including one in the packet, you will have to provide your own. I suspect they used all the nut budget on the overly fancy packaging. The packaging is actually a joke, anyone would think you're opening a watch, not some pieces of metal to bolt onto the underside of your car, never to be seen again. This is just my opinion of course, of wanting functional, high quality parts before shiny bling. I wouldn't care about the packaging if the parts was better quality, but it isn't.

Also, I seen the word pillow ball being mentioned. If they're unprotected joints, I would steer clear. They will develop play and knock much quicker than you would like. Hardrace's version looks like they come with rubber boots. Bare in mind pillow balls will always wear much much faster than rubber/poly joints, and generally make a much louder noise when they do start knocking. Worth mentioning also is that Hardrace's pillow ball version look like they include a bracket for the abs sensor wiring as well, another point where the Junk2's fall down.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Always good to read everyone's opinions and experiences. It was the price that put me off of the skunk2.

Strange though as my locking nuts are steel but I'm glad you posted this as it'll draw my attention to them when fitting. Can't say I'm not concerned about the plastic type bushes which are the same type the use on the camber arms. No doubt as good as the rubber type for longevity but are easily replaceable.

Also a shame about them not having a nut with them or a bracket to hold the abs sensor to but can't have everything.

Sounds like you've had plenty of experience with the skunk2 ones and I hope my experience isn't so tainted. With all camber arms though nothing is set in stone, most tuners will tell you to have the geo checked at least every 24 months or less. Our roads are utter turd and there's hundreds of instances where people's geometry has been knocked out, caused nuts to come loose, coilovers to knock. A lot of these parts are for off-road or track use where constant maintenance is usually the way.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I had skunk2 before and the bushes kept popping out, circlip holding the bush in didn't do it's job right. They didn't come with brackets for the ABS wore either.

Have Hardrace now and they're bushes are pressed in and they have the bracket so I would go with them

BigCarlo

I'll be ordering the hard race then lads non pillow anyone doing mega deals at the moment?
I think I was reading somewhere that h tune says there in stock but there actually on back order is that right?

2ndy

Advanced Member
BigCarlo said:
I'll be ordering the hard race then lads non pillow anyone doing mega deals at the moment?
I think I was reading somewhere that h tune says there in stock but there actually on back order is that right?

Tegiwas camber arms are Hardrace apparently

BigCarlo

I thought they were by looking at them. Sorted now tho just bought a new set of eibach ones off ebay for cheaper than the hard race ones

Kevin85

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
Also a shame about them not having a nut with them or a bracket to hold the abs sensor to but can't have everything.

Sounds like you've had plenty of experience with the skunk2 ones and I hope my experience isn't so tainted. With all camber arms though nothing is set in stone, most tuners will tell you to have the geo checked at least every 24 months or less. Our roads are utter turd and there's hundreds of instances where people's geometry has been knocked out, caused nuts to come loose, coilovers to knock. A lot of these parts are for off-road or track use where constant maintenance is usually the way.
Having the correct hardware to fit the parts isn't asking for everything, it's basic! The cost of a nut and a single bend bracket is minuscule. It comes back to my gripe with them spending so much on the 'fancy' packaging and missing out the basics.

My geo is checked and set every couple of months, depending on changes I make or frequency of track days. I always crack the nuts off the camber before going, as they can be a pain to get to with the wheels on. Sometimes the nut orientation is in your favour and they're easily accessible with a spanner from underneath, most times it's a pain and I would rather make it easier for the guy doing it. We've come to an arrangement and it doesn't cost me much.

Rom

Advanced Member
I've used Hardrace for a few years now. Track and road. I adjust my geo a fair bit, never had an issue with them.
I grease them up, you'll never stop all corrosion, but you can limit the threads getting knackered

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk