Rear discs and pad replacement

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Guys,

Mine have been completely destroyed since my track day, mate has reported in that the rear discs are virtually scratched to shreds and no pads left... it squeals really badly when reversing etc. So guessing that they are gone?

Quick search states that oem is fine and the best? They usually cheap to buy in? Is it an easy job to do myself or again cheap enough job for garage to do asap when I'm back from New York? Cheers.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Cheers fella,

I think the discs are all scratched as well :(

So... I'm going to be replacing said discs/pads for a combo that I'm still deciding on, might go oem again. However, if it's squealling really badly, would the spring loaded part of the calliper shim be damaged and need replacing too? Or is it just the brake pad that's down to bare metal?

cwwoodley

I am thinking of a new set of rear discs and pads, but going to stuck with oem, can anyone help me with if the rears are the same size as rear on the ep civic R?

The middle hub looks bigger on the dc5 rear discs conpared with the ep3

Also I cannot find them listed does anyone have the part number soni can order the
Nfrom my local honda dealership?

eXceed

Resident Driver
Just FYI a better rear disc/pad setup will stop the car diving under heavy braking with uprated front discs and pads