Rear drop links + tie/track rod ends part no.'s?

truupR

Advanced Member
As title suggests: need to buy a set of front track/tie rod ends (Whats the difference between a track rod end and a tie rod end? [showing how mechanically inept I am with that comment {bloke at the garage said track rod end}]). I emailed tegiwa who quoted £90 for the set delivered? is that about right?? Looking for the part number if possible so I can look it up

Also looking for the part number(s) for rear drop links. I found a thread here which says the part numbers are:

LH - ADH28516
RH - ADH28517

Are these correct? I see amazon supplies them via micksgarage :S

Really paranoid about ordering the wrong parts, as sending them back is a total chore. Any input from someone who isn't as incapable as me would be very much appreciated lol :(

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I don't know the part number but make sure you don't buy the EP3 rear drop links as it is longer than the DC5 ones and they will certainly bash against the fuel inlet pipe under heavy load.

truupR

Advanced Member
Is this what I need in terms of a tie/track rod end?

link

Seems a bit cheap given tegiwa quoted me closer to £100 for 2 track rod ends :S

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Drop links are different to tie/track rod ends. (different people call it different things) The bits at the end of your steering arm are track rod ends, and the drop links (cheaper) are underneath, alot lower. I replaced my track rod ends before xmas, will dig out the part numbers. Im sure i put them on the part number thread... Have a check :) But what i did find was they were expensive, £100 sounds ablut right. Alot compared to the EP3, but thats the price we pay. No motorfactors carried cheaper equivalents either, lol. Best bet mate is to go brand new Honda.

truupR

Advanced Member
Cheers Jimmer. Yeah I get that the droplinks and track rod ends are different parts (I need to replace both :<<<<!!!) I was just really confused when I search for track rod ends and it brings up people talking about tie-rod ends :/ I've just read they're actually the same thing but people call 'em different things.

What about these? Ain't genuine Honda given the price tag... but they'd come in at half the price of genuine which I can't seem to find on google for love nor money....

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
truupR said:
Cheers Jimmer. Yeah I get that the droplinks and track rod ends are different parts (I need to replace both :<<<<!!!) I was just really confused when I search for track rod ends and it brings up people talking about tie-rod ends :/ I've just read they're actually the same thing but people call 'em different things.

What about these? Ain't genuine Honda given the price tag... but they'd come in at half the price of genuine which I can't seem to find on google for love nor money....
Yeah I worded it wrong in my fast typing. haha That's exactly what I was implying. The track/tie rods are the same, just people call them different. I missed out a bit of writing. But glad your happy with the differences between the two :)

Well given the price, it may be worth a shout. But most peoples conception...including some suppliers are that EP3 - DC5 parts are the same. The track rod ends are different.!

I couldn't find a "cheaper" set either, ... and I searched like you. All blueprint parts were discontinued for the DC5, but not the DC2 oddly enough, so OEM are the only ones that you will get.

Drop links however, are much cheaper. ;)

truupR

Advanced Member
Cheers James, you're a gent :) Just having a browse around now. Need to put the order in asap :( Turning out to be quite an expensive month with having to replace my o2 sensor aswell!