Rear end creaking

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

The back end keep creeking every time I go over a bump, it's especially bad with speed bumps and when cold.

Id say it sounds like it's coming from the suspension which makes me think it's probably suspension bushes.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this and if not is it a bad idea to fully polybush a daily?

ATC

My first port of call with creaks is usually to try and replicate them with the car stationary.

What I'd suggest is open up the boot and lean on the load lip to bounce the rear end up and down. Try in the centre and left and right sides - see if you can isolate the direction of the creak. Stood outside anything suspension related should be fairly obvious - they tend to sound very different to anything interior trim related

TomNorris

Advanced Member
ATC said:
My first port of call with creaks is usually to try and replicate them with the car stationary.

What I'd suggest is open up the boot and lean on the load lip to bounce the rear end up and down. Try in the centre and left and right sides - see if you can isolate the direction of the creak. Stood outside anything suspension related should be fairly obvious - they tend to sound very different to anything interior trim related
Advice followed, had the boot open and a good push on everything. The sound seems to be coming from the top of the suspension.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
I spent months trying to track this problem down. Spoke with Meister R and ended up stripping the shock down to find once greased and all cleaned up the noise was gone. Spring purchases caked in dirt. It's come back slightly but still unsure exactly where the noise is coming from.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
When you stripped down and cleaned the shocks did you require any special tools?

How big of a job was it. I might give it a go as it's definitely something when the suspension is compressing.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Only thing I would suggest is having a impact gun to make the process quick. Other than that a very straightforward process. Just basic tools required.