Rear engine mount install

andrewv4

Hey, I'm in the process of changing the last mount on the car so i have a full set of vibra techinics mounts. I managed to loosen all the bolts on the oem rear mount with no problem following the guide on oz Honda and the RSX forum. However, the bolt that goes through the mount wont come all the way out because its hitting on my Mugen pipe. As it started raining I gave up and I'm going to have another crack at it tomorrow. Do i need to disconnect the down pipe or is it possible to slide the mount over to the passenger side a bit to get the bolt out?
Thanks

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Hi,

i dont know if the Mugen is bigger than the OEM mani, but i had a tough time getting it in and out. This took me like 120mins only to get it in and out...

andrewv4

I just need maybe 3 or 4mm of space to get the bolt out, really don't want to waste time taking the manifold apart because it is really tight under the car and i'm working on a gravel drive way. It will be a nice day tomorrow so ill get up early and have another go and see.

Hobs

I had the same issue, and I ended up taking the section of the mount that bolts to the gear box off.
Then with a bit of twisting and turning the whole lot should come out, and you can remove that bolt when it is all out.

andrewv4

I just finished the job. It is very easy to do once you take the 2 bolts off of the bottom of the A bracket and 1 at the top. The rear mount is sitting in between the bracket and you can just slide it over and remove the middle bolt. If you are doing this i suggest you place a jack under the bracket just to support it as the bolts will go out of alignment even if you are supporting the engine from the sump.