Rear Lower Control Arms

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
I am looking into purchasing some rear lower control arms, and wonder if anybody had ever used - Megan Racing Lower Control Arms

They can be found here on ebay @ £84.98

or just go for the more expensive D2 Racing Sport @ £104.65

Rob

ollydc5

Advanced Member
to be fair dude i think those megan racing ones look better than the d2 ones and for the money they're alright. don't think either would be better than the other. wish i'd of found those as i'd of brought them instead for the money. in all fairness though i wished i'd of waited and got the skunk 2 ones as they're lush. plus you get the tool with them.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
just a thought it looks like the megan racing ones are coming from the states. might be import duty on them. not much but its summat to think about when comparing costs. would still think they'll be cheaper than the d2's

ollydc5

Advanced Member
you will need a special socket for getting these off.if you buy the eibach or skunk 2 ones they come with the tool. i borrowed the tool off of a sound guy on here, have sent it back now but he might lend it to you if you need it. proper sound chap

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I can lend you the tool if you need it, its not a problem,

the biggest differences between the two are the inner bush, the megan racing ones have a rubber and d2 is a solid pillow ball type.
the megan ones will last longer for sure on a road car . in winter the d2 solid joint is likely to corrode once hit with some salt

ollydc5

Advanced Member
really easy job to be fair. took me about 15mins to change mine. agree with C&S Evo7 the rubber mount ones would be better with road cars due to salt. easy job though mate. would be a challenge without the tool though

qamvti

Advanced Member
I also think the Megan Racing Lower Control look better in red 8) might not look good for long as I have Megan parts on my crx and the parts rusted quickly here in the UK. :(

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
By changing the Lower control arms what changes can i expect to feel from the car? Sorry if it seams a stupid questions but i honestly don't know but i hear alot of people doing this

ollydc5

Advanced Member
as far as i know they dont really do much. from what i read when i brought mine is that they help compensate for tyre wear after you've lowered your car.plus they're nice and light and look nice sweet.

I would be carefull with these megan ones from usa., the torque on the 3 bolts is quite high and just alloy arms with no inserts might cause them to come undone ?? Also the grub screw on the bush suggests that there is some twisting of the bush housing in the alloy arm as the rubber bush is hard.The arm has to rotate when your suspension compresses thus twisting the rubber bush putting more twist on as the suspension goes down ,as both outer and inner metal sleaves are clamped.
Pillowballs are usually bearing steel and wont corrode like normal bare steel.they can rotate freely without causing stress to the arm or the pin. Your suspension will also work without any tightening and twisting of any bushes.(which does the same as a non linear increase in damping force).