Rear lower control arms

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Hey guys just wondering what everyone's undercarriage is looking like, please post pics, I can't decide what look I want?

Stoo

Whining.....
Why*

Because the OEM items are more than up to the job, even for racing ;)

NiCkO

Advanced Member
so there is no plus point in some light/billet alloy items i.e. F7 or buddyclub.

NiCkO

Advanced Member
i havnt done any comparisons but oem steel items i would have thought would on the hefty side

Stoo

Whining.....
And a set of aluminium ones are going to be a huge amount lighter?
Noticeably lighter in the hand maybe, but when on the car?
A Noticeable improvement in handling?
Very doubtful.

As I said, OEM is good enough for racing ;)

paul hughes

Stoo is 100% right :xyes: lower control arms are mostly for looks , but they can be used to alter the roll ratio on wet days for racing(extreme but correct ), but our teams might just disconnect ARB's altogether and use OEM arms.

But What a COOL 8) look for the road from behind ...Buddyclub ones are Forged high grade alloy, not billet (which is weaker than OEM) and they have long lasting Nylotron Bushes which dont clunk after 20 miles etc.

For Racing We also use STD ARB's and centre bars but that doesnt stop anyone buying good looking road stuff either \:p/

dotty

Advanced Member
I remember I changed some on my EP3 , and there was a special socket for removing the OEM LCA's, that no one could get hold of for love nor money!

T

Tegiwa Imports

...Buddyclub ones are Forged high grade alloy, not billet (which is weaker than OEM) and they have long lasting Nylotron Bushes which dont clunk after 20 miles etc.
Strange. Buddyclub USA doesnt mention forging. Just the standard 6061 that comes out of USA/Taiwan which is then machined. Also some hybrid PU, but thats probably marketing spiel.

http://www.buddyclub.us/~OldSiteContents/buddyclub/LCA/LCA.html

Who is right?

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I got say there's no much improvement in terms of handing... but it is very cool to look at though. I replace them with some blinging skunk2 billet LCAs because the old LCAs bushing were too worn. Good excuse isn't it? :rolleyes:

VooDoo

Advanced Member

Function7 LCAs and Carbing rear tie bar.
Pretty much the only reason I done it is because I like the way it looks :lol:

ollydc5

Advanced Member
In all fairness the oem items are awesome, I put the oem arb onto my Mrs ep3 and used it as an excuse to buy a cusco one and some solid drop links. Stopped the ep3 from hopping around corners a bit and did firm up the rear of the dc5. Not really a worth while mod for the money, agree though it must look nice for the people behind you

kazmo

Advanced Member
yeh why not, i would quite happily waste a few quid to get rid of the crappy looking oem ones