Rear number plate...

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Hi there,

I'm thinking of getting a personalised plate which consists of 5 digits.

C9XRL

Or

C7XRL

I understand that a front rectangle plate will look fine. However, the rear plate may cause a problem as it will look like:

C(number)
XRL

I think this would look shit and wouldn't really mean anything.

Are there any issues with having 5 digits in the middle of a square plate? Or even cutting down a rectangle plate and fitting in the rear number plate recess area?

I think if these are issues it will bring limitations as to what plate I could get. Unless the rear plate recess gets modified in some way, shape or form...

I would like to hear people opinions on this as I'm not sure what what is legal regarding this.

Many thanks,
Carl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
My plate is W5 CKA and i had a plate made my jap graphix from ebay for the rear, i just got a sticky longer plate for the front

Never been stopped and im sure i had it on for mot :)

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
That's exactly what I was looking for! Yours even has a space in there too.

I've already been stopped and fined for having a front sticky plate that was too small for £100. I just didn't want to be fined again lol.

If I end up getting this personalised plate I'll get in contact with jap graphix so thanks for that wocka, much appreciated.

wocka

Advanced Member
I just asked them to make it fit with looking as legal as possible, made my front plate myself but its to jap sizes so ive been ok with that aswel

No problem mate, glad to help

i wondered the same when putting my plate on because as u said it wouldnt work well on 2 lines so had to be 1 line

Mark_teg

Staff member
wocka said:
I just asked them to make it fit with looking as legal as possible, made my front plate myself but its to jap sizes so ive been ok with that aswel

No problem mate, glad to help

i wondered the same when putting my plate on because as u said it wouldnt work well on 2 lines so had to be 1 line
**you!! ;)

I have a full reg on one line and never been pulled

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Thanks for the extra pic mark.

I think I'll get this number plate for my birthday. End of the month! Doesn't make the teg look as old either!

Thanks for the info guys.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Plate has been purchased! Certs are on the way and jap graphix will be contacted in the next few days for my new plate.

ThAnks again everyone for the help.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Being lazy also don't have access to car right now
But what size import plates are the front and rear ones?

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:

looks fine personally.
My new plate wouldn't make sense if it was across 2 lines. Needs to be on the 1 line to replicate my name.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
carlos7777777 said:
My new plate wouldn't make sense if it was across 2 lines. Needs to be on the 1 line to replicate my name.

Hmmm i actually think the two above are illegal. Except mine.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
I hope not. I'll have to do a bit of reading and find out prior to putting mine on.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
What size plate did you order for the rear wocka / mark?

And what size front sticky plate did you buy?

Thanks in advance,
Carl.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Thanks for that. I have been looking but I can't seem to find a rear play where the text is in the middle? It's only giving me the option to have the rear plate over 2 lines??

p1tse

Advanced Member
I've seen this this place does 330mm x 165mm or 178mm

Actually mine is actually inbetween them

Think you'll have to have it custom made rather than standard places
http://www.number1plates.com/builder/#

Not sure which custom places as I think its suppose to be on two lines but mines on one so assume custom jobbie

Mark_teg

Staff member
Patch_teg said:
I've seen this this place does 330mm x 165mm or 178mm
Actually mine is actually inbetween them
Think you'll have to have it custom made rather than standard places
http://www.number1plates.com/builder/#
Not sure which custom places as I think its suppose to be on two lines but mines on one so assume custom jobbie
It was made by a stall at japfest ;)

Regarding it being legal, it isn't.. But I never had a problem and it's been there a few years. I suppose it helps being an import and not an import plate fitted to a Corsa or something.