Rear Pads

Dazmartin

Hello

Need to replace my rear pads, I have been informed they are the same as the civic EP3. I have been on europarts web site and I am being offered fitments of Nisshinbo or Akebono ! ?

No idea what these are, any help would be greatly appreciated :xredface:

Ta

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Jap performance parts do them at a good price. Or Honda will do them. Not 100% if they are the same as EP3 pads. Would have thought so.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yes they are the same as ep3 (civic type R) pads, the brands you mention are the caliper manufacturers i believe. i would buy genuine honda pads, they are around £50 but will last for years and are a guaranteed fit, if you are doing the job yourself you might need a " caliper wind back tool" as you need to turn the piston as well as pushing it back (its the automatic hand brake adjustor) . you also need to line up the pin on the pad with the slot in the piston.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Ive just done mine. I followed the advice seen on this forum and fitted them with no probs. If you decide to get the genuine Honda pads the part number should be HO43022S5AE50. They were £45.46 total.

There' everything in the box including a sachet of copper grease. The only set back is finding a suitable wide flat bladed tool, screwdriver etc to wind the piston back in. I managed with a big screwdriver.

If you go to Honda keep saying same as Civic Type R. They had me go back and forth to get details from the Vin plate and it still never came up as a DC5.

If you try Dave at Steels Honda you will end up with the right stuff.

If you do it yourself wind the piston in as far as it will go.

Regards Granty.

Dazmartin

Cheers guys, helpful as ever xthumbup

Got a price off Dave, you are correct, at least I know I will get the right bits. Hope she gets thru the MOT now :xalright:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if you have good grip you can use decent quality long nosed pliers to wind them back to.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I normaly use a flat blade file, or if you have it a huge flat blade screwdriver to fit in the slot to wind them back.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I am due a set too. What's the best way of checking if your discs need replacing too?

brucey87

Advanced Member
Dc2 rear pads are also the same as i found out. Im using hamp pads and only paid £35 for a set too. Hamp are basicly honda's aftermarket division so bit of a no brainer for me.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
It's all personal preference but I got a set of Pagid oem spec rears to go on for £20 from TGM. Couldn't fault the price!