rear quarter window fitting?

Jordan Walker

Hi, ive had a good scout about on here and cant seem to find what I want to know.

Basicaly my drivers rear quarter window has what can only be described as Michael Jackson with tits and a tommy gun etched into it and it looks ridiculous! I recently bought a new window to replace it and don't want to just tackle the job and get stuck half way through or worse and damage the car.

so was wondering if anyone on here has changed this window before or just generaly knows what theyre talking about. I think that is just a seal that I can pop the full window out with put the new seal on my new window and pop it back in but I just want to conbfirm it first...

does anyone know if this is true or weather I am going to need to go to somewhere like national windscreens and get them to seal it for me? also does anyone know how easy it is to take out/put in?

Thanks,

Jordan.

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Some places may refuse to do it mate, i painted my pre-facelift and when it was getting done i wanted the rear quarter class out and we tried 3 places who refused to remove. the body shop ended up doing it themselves and it was perfect in the end, donno why the glass people wouldnt. must be incase it goes wrong or something.

bennn

Advanced Member
Jordan Walker said:
Hi, ive had a good scout about on here and cant seem to find what I want to know.

Basicaly my drivers rear quarter window has what can only be described as Michael Jackson with tits and a tommy gun etched into it and it looks ridiculous! I recently bought a new window to replace it and don't want to just tackle the job and get stuck half way through or worse and damage the car.

so was wondering if anyone on here has changed this window before or just generaly knows what theyre talking about. I think that is just a seal that I can pop the full window out with put the new seal on my new window and pop it back in but I just want to conbfirm it first...

does anyone know if this is true or weather I am going to need to go to somewhere like national windscreens and get them to seal it for me? also does anyone know how easy it is to take out/put in?

Thanks,

Jordan.
Try contacting the place you had the window from? No doubt they will know!

Jordan Walker

haha ill post a picture later thanks for the replys boys ill have an ask about the local glass places anyway just in the off chance and if not ill just have to tackle it myself.

also I bought the glass off ebay I presume the guy was breaking a dc5 so will know how to pull them out but I imagine he wont have a clue about putting them in