Rear seat stitching.... can't decide

gurrik

Hi all,

kinda need some input. Im having my rear seats done in the next few weeks just to sort of modernise them. So they are taking the seats out, reshaping them them to make them more fitted by adding bolsters etc.

Just can't decide on the colour scheme.

Ive initially asked them to just keep them black and add the red stitching down the main seems. But ive been debating the idea of having the middle completely red and keeping the outer bits black, similar to this:

http://world.honda.com/news/2007/4070329CivicTypeR/photo/pages/12.html

what do you guys think ? I know its not necessary but its something i want to do

cheers !

truupR

Advanced Member
Um... This is sort of a really opinionated question - everyone is different. At the end of the day they're going to be in your car, you have to look at them every day.

There's endless possibilities of colour combinations that'd look good. Any variant of black/red would keep it looking closer to OEM.

But again, they're going in your car so it'd be best you make up your own mind as there is no real right answer xthumbup

wj51fut

Advanced Member
The back seats are not black. They are very dark blue. Put them in the sunlight.

It's up to you what you do to them but I really don't see any point putting bolsters in them. How many times do you use the rear seats?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Dark blue!

I actually hoped the dc2 rear seats would fit as they have red stitching and look better, so can see why you may want to get it done if its something you've considered.

Although I'll rather spend the money to freshen up the front seats.

Another thing to consider is what happens when you do an ikea trip or want to fit a bike in the back, it won't fold flat like it does now with ease with extra bolsters

gurrik

To be honest ...I totally agree .... Hardly ever use the back ... I just see them and feel they are very dated.

Went to go see the new civic type r and the seats just looked so good. And then I see my dc5 and the style of them just looks old.

It probably isn't the best use of money but its something I kinda have convinced myself I want to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ndy

Advanced Member
I always thought the rear seats where black aslong as the sun hadn't faded then

Fez

Advanced Member
The red centres look nice on the new ctrs, but i think when they are done afterwards they look a bit... "Max power" lol imo