Rear Speaker mounts!!

Frazdog

Advanced Member
This might be a stupid question but how did you guys mount your rear speakers? Its obviously got the triangular mounting points n most speakers are 4 point mounts! can you buy an adaptor? Any1 know companys that will make adaptors around glasgow area? would just rather do this than drill holes or only mount on 2 holes n have them vibrate!! :roll: :oops:
Can any 1 help?
Pleeeeeeease!! Pics would be good!!

Evs

Advanced Member
I didn't bother with rear speakers, don't really see the point of them tbh. Better to spend the extra cash on better front ones as that will give you a better overall sound.

Didn't really answer the question you asked though sorry. :oops: :lol:

tedg

Advanced Member
Evs said:
I didn't bother with rear speakers, don't really see the point of them tbh. Better to spend the extra cash on better front ones as that will give you a better overall sound.

Didn't really answer the question you asked though sorry. :oops: :lol:
:whore
A reply off topic is not very useful.....

gahhh - who is policing the policemen?? :xrealangry:

:D

Frazdog

Advanced Member
I do prefer rear speakers. Ive also got a dvd head unit so i xould like them for the sprog watching dvds when we going long distances, as i can seperate the front sound from the back etc.
There is only so much you can listen to Lazy town or balamory!!! :roll:
Cheers tho mate.

Any other helpers?

Evs

Advanced Member
tedg said:
gahhh - who is policing the policemen?? :xrealangry:

:D
We police ourselves - and I thought my reply was fine :p

OK to try to be helpful then - how about just making up a mounting ring out of MDF, screw that to the fixing points in the car and then screw the speaker to that?

Dead easy to make with just a jigsaw and a drill. Or you could get a car audio installer to knock one up if you don't have the tools. HTH?

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Fraz I ripped the original speakers apart and used the plastic outer ring to screw the new speakers to. I was just doing it as a stopgap but it is a reasonably good solution.

Frazdog

Advanced Member
My car never had rear speakers so im unable to do this!!! Nightmare!!!
quite an ingenous idea tho.
Getting a company to make a proper surround would be good at least its done right!! Any1 know any around Glasgow that is good at that sort of thing?

dave c

400hp K20
i have litterally just discovered that i have no rear speakers also, i think im gonna do an MDF template as Evs mentioned then screw the speakers onto that.

What colour is the positive and the negative wire? i think there is a purple and a grey in there, cant remember now.

If some one could let me know that would be awesome.

Dave

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Those adaptors are the wrong shape.

But I do happen to have a lovely set of speakers that will fit precisely...