Rear Speaker query

liktup

Advanced Member
Basically my ITR has no rear speakers :(

Will the wiring harness be in place??

Does the speaker grill just pop off??

CAn anyone make any recommnedations for some decentish speakers (circa £40-50) that will drop straight in and fill the sound out 8)

Oh and in the front I am guessing there should be tweeters mounted on the top of the dash just near the screen under the grills...are these empty spaces??

I have had a search and not found the answers I am looking for sadly :(

Thanks people :D

martin200

Advanced Member
If you pull the speaker grilles off, you will find speaker wires ready for fitment of some rear speakers. No idea what size is direct fitment, but its not hard to pop the grille off and check it out.

For un-amped, direct replacement speakers, I would recommend Infinity speakers.

gregb

Advanced Member
I recently put infinity in both doors and vouch for them.
I have left the rear covers off as they kept vibrating.
Got some blue coloured speakers in to match the seat colors :oops:

liktup

Advanced Member
Any reference codes for the Inifinity's???

I have used them before and have been impressed with the warm sound they offer 8) 8)

Am I hoping too much that the front and rear speakers are the same size :lol:

As it would be nice to whack the oem ones in the rear for some rear fill sound and put the Infinity's up front :?

Suped

Advanced Member
if you did a search, on this forum, there was these Inifinity 5.25in that fitted perfectly on the rears. Was awhile ago though, and bought off caraudiobargains.co.uk who were selling excess stock on ebay at a bargain price.

The infinitys are 5.25 2 ways with a small crossover that needs to be located behind. :lol:

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I've just fitted new speakers all round on mine. The grilles just pop of, there is a slot in the top left corner of them, get a small screwdriver in there and they just pop out.

The speakers I put in were 17cm Coaxials made by a company called rainbow, they cost me £75 and I have to say they are fantastic value for money, they produce a very clear mid range and a surprising amount of bass, however they are quite directional. And there is a snagging point in that I had to get the dremel out to chop away some of the plastic so the speakers would fit.

As for the fronts I went for Rainbow again and once again I'm very impressed by the sound they produce. This time it was 13cm Components that cost £180. Fitting them was easy enough once I had the door card off and found a place inside the door to mount the crossover (no chopping plastic this time). I've fitted the tweeters on the black plastic section on the wing mirror cover as this is where the previous comps were wired to.

Hope this helps if you need anymore info PM me.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I found removing the thin gauze on the back of the grill helps loads for sound and any vibrations you get

liktup

Advanced Member
The Mofo said:
I've just fitted new speakers all round on mine. The grilles just pop of, there is a slot in the top left corner of them, get a small screwdriver in there and they just pop out.

The speakers I put in were 17cm Coaxials made by a company called rainbow, they cost me £75 and I have to say they are fantastic value for money, they produce a very clear mid range and a surprising amount of bass, however they are quite directional. And there is a snagging point in that I had to get the dremel out to chop away some of the plastic so the speakers would fit.

As for the fronts I went for Rainbow again and once again I'm very impressed by the sound they produce. This time it was 13cm Components that cost £180. Fitting them was easy enough once I had the door card off and found a place inside the door to mount the crossover (no chopping plastic this time). I've fitted the tweeters on the black plastic section on the wing mirror cover as this is where the previous comps were wired to.

Hope this helps if you need anymore info PM me.
Awesome, thank you for you reply 8) 8) :D

Got my Pioneer DEH-P55BT to fit at the weekend and then I will start looking at some decent speakers 8)

liktup

Advanced Member
Right new H/U is in and it really highlights how shocking the oem front speakers are :roll: :roll:

Oh well *sigh* :arrow: