Rear speakers, are they pre-wired.

dobber

Advanced Member
Thinking about sticking some Kappa 62.5i s in the rear this weekend. Just wondered if there is already speaker were there or will i have to run some fresh stuff. At present there are no speakers in my rear side pods.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
hahaha wait till you see the standard ones !

Utter crap they are made out of bloody paper :lol:

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Yep speakers are prewired to doors and to rear side panels. If you can't see the wire then reach in and reach down (and try not to think of the spider type beast in Flash Gordon!) and you should find the wire taped to the side panel about 3 inches below the aperture. There should be a plug on the end of it, for which you can get Autoleads to supply a harness for (PC2-818). Or just snip and crimp...

kingston

Advanced Member
I dunno, i thought my speakers are quite good, quite punchy and almost as good as my 6x9's i had in the Seicento.

Prehaps ill have to investigate and see if theyve been swapped in Japan...

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Mine are US spec Bose speakers...with magnets ;)

The magnet in a speaker is what interacts with the voice coil to move the cone which in turn produces sound. The magnet on your speakers may not be apparent but I assure you, it is there! (try picking up screws or iron filings with the speaker if you don't believe me!)

jay.dee

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
Speaker with no magnet makes no sound. Look closer...
There are speaker technologies such as piezo's which don't use magnets.
But for most sound applications, indeed automotive, the good ol' moving coil dynamic loudspeaker is still the one for any form of bass!

T666YPR

As standard,there are no speakers in the rear.

I ordered mine from the factory with no ice so I could put my own in.

Front came with grey foam stuck over the small aperture and the rears were just holes.

As stated,wiring is provided for all.

kingston

Advanced Member
Oooo, im definately going to have to have a look now then as mine definately has rear speakers... :lol:

(sorry just post whoring :wink: )

Zero7

Advanced Member
dobber said:
Thinking about sticking some Kappa 62.5i s in the rear this weekend. Just wondered if there is already speaker were there or will i have to run some fresh stuff. At present there are no speakers in my rear side pods.
Is your need for rear speaker for back seat passengers? if not then you'd be better of with putting some high end comps in the front and improving the front soundstage.

dobber

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
dobber said:
Is your need for rear speaker for back seat passengers? if not then you'd be better of with putting some high end comps in the front and improving the front soundstage.
Had all the speakers done ages ago, end of March time :)

I put in some JBL components in the front and some JBL's in the rear, sounds much much better 8)