Rear Strut bar ?

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Just found out after lifting the carpet on my trunk that i have a strut bar, i know that Spoon makes one , mine has no label on it , does anyone have a photo of a rear strut bar that goes under the carpet? any other manufacturers that make those except Spoon?

Evs

Advanced Member
Is it silver painted steel with pressed ends? If so that's the standard one. The Spoon one is made of ally with black steel ends and is a direct replacement. IIRC Mugen do one that sits across the tops of the struts, which I think you can fit in addition to the others. HTH?

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
mine its like aluminum color it has blue pressed ends, to match the paint of the car...I think its stock but to make sure if anyone has a photo of a stock vs non stock i would appreciate if they post it . Thanks a lot.

mikegsi

Staff member
the stock one has a tube in the middle connected to another piece on each end, this piece is connected to the chassis with one bolt, and to the top of the suspension with two bolts, this sits under the carpet

the spoon one would sit higher than your carpet, is shniny metal, and not bolted to the chassis, only the suspension struts

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
my front strut bar is aluminum and its pretty thick, is using the same attachment points as the black stock one that comes with the car, the rear one now, looks like the front one just thinner ... Anyone knows what kind of strut bars are these? I have seen Spoon, Cusco and other brands but none of them look like mine, some sites i have seen they did not have a photo...If anyone has photos of front or rear strut bars please post.

Evs

Advanced Member
Why not get some pics of yours up and then we can all argue about what make it is? :idea: :lol: