Rear Strut Brace...OEM vs Tegiwa / Ultra Racing

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Hey

Any one have any opinions towards the differences between the OEM rear brace and after market single piece braces such as Tegiwa and Ultra Racing?
A worth while mod?
I'm having the Teg's Bushes switched for some Super Pro ones... While the suspension is off I'm fitting a Mugen Front Tower Strut and wondered if it was worth while switching the rear for an aftermarket brace at the same time?

Cheers

Gareth

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Replacing existing braces is only going to be cosmetic.
Unless it's mounting in different places etc, but even then I doubt you will notice much if any difference.

Adding extra bracing will always make the Chassis stiffer though, but then you are also adding weight.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I am lucky to have got my hands on a 5zeigen triple brace courtesy of Ollydc5 cosmetic yes it looks the bees , waste of time and money definitely not .Dont quote me on this and I do not want to be misleading in any way but my car was very oversteery on slow corners and greasy island but having this type of mod has given me instant rear end grip, a more positive feel to all the steering and most importantly more confidence in the car. I could only say that keeping the rear struts from sideway movement has reduced the positive camber when cornering hard. I am very happy with it and would miss it if it was removed.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I am lucky to have got my hands on a 5zeigen triple brace courtesy of Ollydc5 cosmetic yes it looks the bees , waste of time and money definitely not .Dont quote me on this and I do not want to be misleading in any way but my car was very oversteery on slow corners and greasy island but having this type of mod has given me instant rear end grip, a more positive feel to all the steering and most importantly more confidence in the car. I could only say that keeping the rear struts from sideway movement has reduced the positive camber when cornering hard. I am very happy with it and would miss it if it was removed.
Pics please! :)

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Thank you Olly thats the baby dave awesome piece of kit. I will do an updated thread on my profile when I get chance.