Rear strut tower bar difference

Stoo

Whining.....
I dont understand what extra benefit, if any, the square 4 point brace would have over the two point .......:S

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
I'm just assuming because of the extra rear bolts, for extra rigidity?

That and I got the sent the rear member brace by accident, so deliberating if that's actually worth keeping (based on searches people have said yes)

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=2209

Else gonna see which rear tower strut to go for, I wanted the simple straight bar design as its cleaner, but if the 4 bolt is better? :?

sinbad

Advanced Member
Cant see it making much difference tbh. You dont need the rigidity bihind the wheels.
By its square design i doubt it would make it more effective too.

jay82

Advanced Member
Yella Fella said:

That and I got the sent the rear member brace by accident, so deliberating if that's actually worth keeping (based on searches people have said yes)

Else gonna see which rear tower strut to go for, I wanted the simple straight bar design as its cleaner, but if the 4 bolt is better? :?
i've that on my car. it'll be rusty in a few months
i've it off the car getting powered coated at the moment and the arse of the car feels very light :shock:
but watch the road for anything in the middle, it sits lower than the front bumper was a nightmare with the snow and ice over the christmas

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
jay82 said:
Yella Fella said:

i've that on my car. it'll be rusty in a few months
i've it off the car getting powered coated at the moment and the arse of the car feels very light :shock:
but watch the road for anything in the middle, it sits lower than the front bumper was a nightmare with the snow and ice over the christmas

I had one fitted on the front,absolute nightmare on speed bumps.

It used to pick up road kill too. :shock: The smell of a rabbit/fox dragging at 70 was en experiance... :xlol: :xlol:

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Does it make much difference though to the car, how does it feel with it on? Apart from dragging animals under the car...

VT-Doo

RushDoo
For the underside of the car I would only use the normal straight bars as most others sit too low (as shown above).

As for the 4-point bar inside the boot; the DC2 has a bar under the rear lights...

...Honda must have had their reasons :-k

rodney

Advanced Member
Rumour had it that it was for weight distribution Ian iirc. It packed serious weight.

Stoo

Whining.....
rodney said:
Rumour had it that it was for weight distribution Ian iirc. It packed serious weight.

Took the words right out of my mouth buddy.....
It's quite a well known rumour amongst DC2 folk.

dc5ian

Advanced Member
is there anypoint in bolting something to the subframe of the car?.. its not going to do anything. just wasting money if you ask me, if you went and had a look at some race cars they dont use these.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
dc5ian said:
its not going to do anything. just wasting money if you ask me, if you went and had a look at some race cars they dont use these.

xthumbup

sinbad

Advanced Member
Stoo said:
rodney said:

Took the words right out of my mouth buddy.....
It's quite a well known rumour amongst DC2 folk.

I thought otherwise.... Its for crash protection.

Taken from the Dc2 forum
The reasoning being that the wheel well comes all the way to the back panel rather than rising back up before meeting the back panel.
Low floor wells cause cars impacting from the rear to ride up and into the back of the car with the low boot well.
The baris there to prevent this happening.
He said other POS vehicles have them, though he did not give me specific models.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Yeah I remember reading that about the weight distribution thing but I couldn't understand why the UKDM brace was so much heavier that the JDM brace :?

I didn't really think about it from a "crash" point of view but I suppose it's entirely possible. The difference with the DC5 is that it already has a rear beam behind the bumper(s).

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
What about the rear lower member brace, is that recommended, or is everyone referring to the 4 point rear tower strut brace? :D

VT-Doo

RushDoo
We're referring to the 4-point tower brace as that's the one you posted a link to.

Personally I'll be going for these...

VT-Doo said:
Rear Strut Brace
Part Number: RE2-081

Front Strut Brace (4-Point)
Part Number: TW4-828

Small Rear Member Brace
Part Number: RL2-975
Part Number: RL2-976

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
VT-Doo said:
We're referring to the 4-point tower brace as that's the one you posted a link to.

Personally I'll be going for these...

VT-Doo said:
Rear Strut Brace
Part Number: RE2-081

Front Strut Brace (4-Point)
Part Number: TW4-828

Small Rear Member Brace
Part Number: RL2-975
Part Number: RL2-976
Ian, I've got the same on order, apart from the last rear brace, they sent me the wrong one by accident but I've decided to keep it unless I don't need it... I've got the rear lower member brace but not sure if it's needed over the two bar variant you've shown?

VT-Doo

RushDoo
You won't be able to have both as they attach to the same points. The main issue is not so much their purpose, it's how far down the hang.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
If I were you I'd fit the rear member brace (since you have it) and see what kind of ground clearance you have :idea: