Rear Window Screen Cost ?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Chaps....

Does anyone happen to know the cost of the rear window screen on the DC5... the C Pack spec privacy glass :?:

I have to ask... as a little child last night throw a stone over my neighboors fence... and it landed on the car and has shattered my rear screen :evil:

After the Police attended this morning.. the parents of the child came round..... and have now agreed to pay for it's replacement... hence just wondering the cost ?

Cheers

Mike

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I think you will find that the length of time to get a rear window is likely to be the biggest problem, they are not easy to come by I don't think!

Cheers
Wardy

jams

if your full comp on your insurance its usualy 50-70 quid 8)

ring the glass line number on your policy and it will be sorted 8)
doesnt affect your no clams as its a glass clame 8)

ruff cost for a suply and fit rear screen ide say
300? to buy the glass?
then i charge 30-60 quid for fitment the company i work for charges 80 quid for labor

hope this helps mate :D

raz786

Advanced Member
Does the Insurance cover the rear screen as well? thought it was just the front for some reason

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Thanks...

Yes, it is currently going through Insurance.... and they have already said they will pay the excess for me....

I think it's going to come down to time.... which to me I don't have!!

I need a replacement.. so that a mold can be taken, for my polycarb. rear and side windows (one of my next mods, weight saving)...

I've given the glass company Dave's no @ Steels Honda...

Mike

D2M Tuning

Hi Mike - if we can help we can probably get one shipped across a.s.a.p. from Japan, hth 8)

Cheers ....

Rob

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
When i last quoted from Honda they said for a brand new C Pack rear glass would cost £700!!!!! :shock:

dotty

Advanced Member
Yes. There is a 2 month wait :(

Good luck getting one Mike, I was lucky enough to get one from a scrappy that Dave J found for me..

There was a CW tail gate there with glass intact but the tail gate and rear glass was scratched..

dotty

Advanced Member
deburr said:
Give Gary a call at furbur bros, he had a C pack window when i went up last week. Its still on the car though and the tail gate is a bit damaged.

www.furbersmotorsalvage.co.uk
Thats where I got my rear window (and tail gate) when mine got damaged.

Was this on a white DC5 deburr?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Thanks...

As I said, I'll speak to Dave in the morning...

I've already had offers by PM to help out etc.. if it is a long wait..

It might be case of borrowing some glass for the polycarb window mold to be made.. and have that fitted instead, while I wait for a rear screen..

What every I do, it be going throught the insurance glass cover...

Cheers

Mike

Paul G

Members
Try - Plastics 4 performance, i think they do a formed rear screen & side windows off the shelf & you can even get nice oem black borders put on... 8)

Paul.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just thought I'd update this.....

A few weeks back, after the Autoglass Honda dealer failed to deliver when stated.... Autoglass finally agreed to order the glass from Rob @ D2M Tuning...

Well... the glass arrived today... but if any one fancies giving me hand construct the Jigsaw condition it arrived in, I'd like to here from you :!:

I can't swear on here... but slightly annoyed :evil: not blaming D2M.. the airline used caused the jigsaw...

Now.. how much longer will I be waiting :?: :?:

Mike

dotty

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Just thought I'd update this.....

A few weeks back, after the Autoglass Honda dealer failed to deliver when stated.... Autoglass finally agreed to order the glass from Rob @ D2M Tuning...

Well... the glass arrived today... but if any one fancies giving me hand construct the Jigsaw condition it arrived in, I'd like to here from you :!:

I can't swear on here... but slightly annoyed :evil: not blaming D2M.. the airline used caused the jigsaw...

Now.. how much longer will I be waiting :?: :?:

Mike
I am still waiting for mine and I have sold the car :lol:

logik

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear about your car mate, i would be gutted. I can say i am surprised about the wait time for the rear c pack window. Hope you can get it sorted sooner than that.

ranger type r

Advanced Member
sorry to here that.
was looking at mine the other day when washing it and thought bet it will cost if it ever goes, never thought about hassle getting one too,.