Rear Wiper?

Paul Type R

Hi people

Is it possible to put a rear wiper on a DC5 that hasn't got one (had it deleted). Does any one know exacly what's required and the kind of costs i will be looking at?

Thanks

dazza

Advanced Member
I probably would think the cost would not be worth it, your looking at a new screen with the hole in it, motor etc.
Get some Rain X instead far cheaper and less hassle :wink:

redcap

Advanced Member
Your best bet would be to find someone who has removed theirs and doesn't want to change back to sell you the parts otherwise it could be expensive! There are often breakers on ebay you could try that route too.
So funny that there are so many owners wanting to remove or add rear wipers :? . I would have prefered my car without one fitted from the factory as i think the bung looks bad. Seeing as it's fitted and the car is C-Pack it will be staying put.

Evs

Advanced Member
Your best bet would be to see if you can find a complete tailgate from a breaker - then you get the glass, motor, wiper. You'll probably need a new stalk and then relay, fuses and wiring.

Tbh I think the hassle outweighs the benefit. The rear screen doesn't attract crap thrown up from the road behind the car like you get with hatchbacks & estates where the screen is further back and closer to vertical.

Just treat the glass with Rain-X to help the water run off it :idea:

Paul Type R

Right so it's a no go then. It's just i'm off to see one next weekend without the wiper.

cheers eveyrone.