Rebuilding Brembos

2ndy

Advanced Member
Have started stripping down the brembos from my dc5, going to clean them out, degrease the Pistons and replace the seals.. Where is best for seals? Is my best option the set from Tegiwa or is there an alternative?

FireDance

Advanced Member
Matti'G said:
Hi i replace mine last year got them from brakeparts.co.uk
the fit is spot on and cost half as much you will need X2 caliper service kits BCK4021
Peugeot 607 Caliper Shims fit to http://brakeparts.co.uk/#!/shop/HONDA/INTEGRA/01-/INTEGRA%20DC5%20TYPE%20

Hope this helps you out
Just tried the link & every options I click it gives me an error, is that just my laptop playing up or is everyone getting it?

I did find these on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-2-0-TYPE-R-DC5-FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-REPAIR-KIT-BREMBO-BCK4021E-/331345513098?hash=item4d25bb4a8a:g:0XYAAOSwDk5Tv5Td

mattimoo

2ndy

Advanced Member
Saw those cheaper one son eBay, just worried the might not be up to standards for track days and stuff but could be worth a go as that's a big saving!

2ndy

Advanced Member
Oil ordered the cheaper set, but nervous about them on track days but I'm probably going to give them a go.. Have been looking online and no horror stories yet!

Thebear84

Advanced Member
Been looking at doing this and wondered if cheap ones would be OK. Not intending on track abuse but never say never. Be next month though 2 weeks sick pay and brembo discs and pads alround wallets crying. Although got them for 144 the lot!!!

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Has anyone changed the seals in their rear calipers? I'm having trouble finding a kit.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
Has anyone changed the seals in their rear calipers? I'm having trouble finding a kit.
I've rebuilt the rears before, can't remember where the kit came from now. It's a bit of a tricky job and takes a bit of patience but so worth it if the vehicle is starting to get a bit older

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I'm rebuilding the fronts and the lacquer is peeling, so I'm painting them a different colour. Makes sense to do the rears while I'm at it.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
I'm pretty sure the rear callipers are the same for the dc5, ep3 and s2000.
Some one correct me if I'm wrong??

Justin

2ndy

Advanced Member
Yea they're the same.. Hinda do a kit for the rears if your really stuck..

I stripped my brembos down, there away to get blasted and powder coated so they have a durable finish.. Then I can rebuild them with new seals, bleed nipples, stickers and bolts.. Should look fresh :)

2ndy

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
Cool, I'll have a look for a rear set.

I'm stripping mine down and they're going fluro yellow.
A friend of mine ha a blue dc5 and had the calipers done like that nad it looked mega! Il try and get you a photo of them..

Also does anyone know where you can get the pad fitting kit at reasonable money? Any kit I have found either is the same size as mine or looks to be a different shape

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I reckon it will look good, photo would be good.

What do you mean fitting kit? The size bit is throwing me off.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
I reckon it will look good, photo would be good.

What do you mean fitting kit? The size bit is throwing me off.
The pins and the wee metal holder that go between the pins and pads

And wick quality photo but you get the idea:

Kevin85

Advanced Member
That looks sweet, hopefully mine come out as bright as that.

" Any kit I have found either is the same size as mine or looks to be a different shape"

What do you mean by this? Check they're not using stock photos for fitting kits.