Rebuilding dc5 Suspension

Type K

Advanced Member
So im currently about to start building up a dc5 shell iv bought and looking for some advice with regards to the suspension.

The plans are to strip it all down and have most of it powdercoated, such as the subframe rear arms etc
Just thought while im thinking about replacing the bushes so everythings new but is it worth doing this even if they arnt worn?

Iv done some research about bushes and with regards to poly bushes most people are saying they will make the ride harder unless the car is being used on the track which it isnt so pretty pointless going down that route, however is there is any other bushes that are good to upgrade to for road use or is it best to just stick with oem?

Iv currently got EIBACH pro street s coilovers and eibach spc camber arms, il be looking into possibly getting some LCA's as well.

Anyone got any other suggestions what a good upgrade for the dc5 suspension is?

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Recently had full Super Pro Polly Bush kit fitted and I wouldn't say it's made the ride notably harder. But it's a fair chunk of money if your bushes aren't worn

davidpingu

Advanced Member
All depends on budget I guess. If you're going to the trouble of the powder coating etc then if it was me I'd do all the bushes too but if you're on a budget and they don't need doing then don't.

I've heard a few mention poly pushes make the ride less forgiving but I don't know if it can that bad can it? Most seem to spend hundreds on coilovers /springs and all manner of braces etc so how can a bush with less compliance be much worse? Plus once a poly goes in you know you shouldn't need to do that job again.

I've always been interested by these bolts that someone developed to make sure the subframe sits completely central to the chassis as it should. They may have just been collars that go on the subframe bolts or something like that. Some say it's just an advertising stunt but if a 1 or 2 mm of toe can make all the difference then why wouldn't a subframe that's not completely central? Just my opinion. Sorry I can't remember the name of the product I'm thinking of but someone is bound to come along soon and know what I'm talking about!

Oh and make sure you take lots of pics and start a thread in the gallery as I'd love to see this. Would love to pay similar attention to detail on the underside of mine eventually too :)