Recaro fabric for repairs (idea...)

BataLeon

Advanced Member
So it would seem that my driver seat side booster has started to go thus in need of repair. Seat cover already on to prevent it from more damage.

Anyway I've read threads saying repairs are hard as the fabric is hard to match and also if you do get it the colour can be different from the aged material so not ideal.

The idea I has was that the rear of the seats have an a panel of fabric that is stitched in, see the image below. This piece of fabric could be used to repair the lower booster, side one might be too large, but still you get the right colour visually from the front.

You can then use the new fabric on the rear that is not so obvious.

Thoughts?

Chewy

Advanced Member
That's a decent idea.

You could also call Capital Seating based in Leicester to see if they can still supply and/or fit replacement material.

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
That's a decent idea.

You could also call Capital Seating based in Leicester to see if they can still supply and/or fit replacement material.
Well if they can for the back then that's perfect, the existing fabric on the back should have very minimal wear so can be cut and fitted to where you need it. I'll measure up the area on the back so people know what they can work with and also need to replace.

Chewy

Advanced Member
BataLeon said:
Well if they can for the back then that's perfect, the existing fabric on the back should have very minimal wear so can be cut and fitted to where you need it. I'll measure up the area on the back so people know what they can work with and also need to replace.
The fabric (What's left of it) is perfect match (bar any potential fading/sun damage on the existing seat) If memory serves me right they had a roll/s of the original fabric from Recaro.

It was a while ago but they had Red and Black available. As for Blue, That's long gone, so your original idea applies to that very well.

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
The fabric (What's left of it) is perfect match (bar any potential fading/sun damage on the existing seat) If memory serves me right they had a roll/s of the original fabric from Recaro.

It was a while ago but they had Red and Black available. As for Blue, That's long gone, so your original idea applies to that very well.
I'll definitely be giving them a call to find out what they have. Guess the other option is to find a company and see what options of fabric they have available as well.