Recaro seats refurbishment ?!???!?

New to this site .... finding the interior Really worn and tatty at any of the dc5s I've look at ?? ( About 6 now )and all the sameish condition ... Is there somewhere to get them pumped back up after the sides have collapsed ?? Thanks :)

David Fox

Advanced Member
Google Capital Seating. They are a good start and you can replace bolsters on the Recaro seats if needed.

It is a common sight on the cars. It can be rectified by replacing the sponge (Capital Seating) and simply cleaning the fabric. It is amazing how well they come up.

Oh, and Welcome!

bee123

Advanced Member
Hi Sarah i am just in discussion with capital seating about replacing a panel on mine (black Recaro) they use Black Dinamica to keep costs down £100 cheaper, apparentely Dinamica and Alcantara are brand names for essentially the same material. I was not sure about using it so they sent me a sample and after seeing it am very happy to go ahead. Give this guy a shout very helpful ( lee.gardner@auto-trim.co.uk ).

mikegsi

Staff member
definately agree, some good cleaner brings the bolsters back up like new, replace the squashed inners and good as. I think there may be a vid on youtube showing how to replace them too....

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Welcome Sarah...hope you find "The One" soon...as the lads have said,the bolsters which look "squashed" can soon be put right with new bolster sponge and if they look shiney and black,usually a damp sponge with some soapy water will bring them up almost brand new...HTH David

All good news for me so :) a hard day work and theyll look brand new ;) that place capital seating is in england anyone no of a good place in ireland ?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I wrote a guide how to replace the bolsters (fairly cheaply) here: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14397-how-to-replace-recaro-seat-bolster-guide/

Hope this helps.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I wrote a guide how to replace the bolsters (fairly cheaply) here: http://www.itr-dc5.c...-bolster-guide/

Hope this helps.
I did mine today,i wanna thank you for that perfect guide!!!

Unfortunately capital seating was a nightmare supplying me the bolster, my bolster came 2 months later and now that i had decided to remove and take apart my seat i found out that they send me the wrong side one.Bought locally one and refurb mine.
So be sure you get the right side before you take apart everything

lujamil

Advanced Member
[quote name='nick's-cw' timestamp='1327255996' post='262552']

straight after a new bolster & a clean

[/quote]

Wow! They look amazingly new! :-0

nick's-cw

Advanced Member
Tbh they weren't that bad before, this is the only before pic i can find

you should see my matts after a soak in the bath lol