Recaro Seats

wide_mouth_frog

Hi there people, as of late i have noticed when someone is in the passenger seat I get a metalic knock when going around corners....well more of a click like something is worn side to side....

Any ideas if it is a tighten job or new part?

Many thanks

ausR

Advanced Member
fairly common complaint really. does your drivers seat do it too?
have a look at this diagram

part number 9 is the culprit. if you have a look at it youll notice small flat spots on it. you can reduce the problem by undoing the bolt that goes through (part 10) it and rotating around till a unworn section is gonna be clamped by the seat. but it will come back eventully
or you can replace it, apparanlty capital seating do a rebuild it. or buy some nice fixed buckets.

dazza

Advanced Member
It would be this that ausR is talking about if you want a replacement.
Mine did this but just undid the screws turned the collar round and then quite seats :D
Obviously you can only do this a few times then you got no choice but to replace them.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Its where the hook rubs and wears it flat.

Justv keep rotating as aboce untill u need to buy new spindles which are not too dear

wide_mouth_frog

YAY

Many thanks for all your help..... was starting to get on my boobies!

just have to sort my clunk from my top mount (i think) and we should have a silent runner hehehehe

Thanks again all :)

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
the girlfriend was moaning about this the other day, i couldnt here anything so chose to ignore her... now i will have a look!! :lol:

Frazdog

Advanced Member
Would it not be possible to make a washer from gasket material etc. to put between to rubbing metal parts n hay presto no rubbing metal?

dan the man

Advanced Member
If anyone would like a new the repair kit that capital seating sell then i have one. Found it today when i was clearing out the teg stuff.

Ill sell it less than capital do anyway..let me know before i put them in for sale sections :idea: