Recaro SR4

Grinch

Hi,everybody. I got question.
Is it possible to rearrange control knob position backrest from right side to left side on my driver's recaro?
I'd prefer buy a new passanger recaro and rearrange knob,rather than refresh my driver's recaro..

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I am not sure if anybody will know this. I think you will be the first to try it if you give it a go. Mybe check on honda tec or club rsx but i think it will be really hard to find anybody with information on this. I would imagine you would need spare parts from a passenger seat. If you swap the drivers side bracket from the left hand side to the right hand side it will be inside out.

Todd_77

Advanced Member
It wouldn't be too hard to achieve.

There will be a hole left in the fabric where you remove the lever

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
I changed my seats around and I was still able to adjust even though it was on the wrong side. If that makes sense

Grinch

integraleo said:
The adjustment is on the other side on dc2 seats just for information too
I agree,adjustment on DC2 seats are very comfortable,may be even more comfortable than on DC5.
But in stock DC5 seats have adjustment near the doors. And I'd like to save it in stock position.

bennn

Advanced Member
I swapped them in mine too and managed OK with the adjustment being on the wrong side. Its really not too bad.

Grinch

bennn said:
I swapped them in mine too and managed OK with the adjustment being on the wrong side. Its really not too bad.
So,now your driver's seat has adjustment near the central tonnel? Could you post some photo?

bennn

Advanced Member
Grinch said:
So,now your driver's seat has adjustment near the central tonnel? Could you post some photo?
Yes. Unfortunately no pics as I've since sold the car. I've got another now and will be swapping over shortly so have got photos.

The adjustment is no more difficult to get to that standard, I actually found it easier as I struggle getting my hands down by the door.

Teg

I'm in the middle of changing the bolsters etc. I cant see you being able to change the mechanism around. The tilt adjustment has an extra collar where the knob is( riveted in to the steel frame). I'm making 2 good seats out of 3 OK ones. You can remove the jacket and foam from the steel frame and swap them, depends how much it bothers you. I'm doing this because I'm replacing the back foam any way its straight forward, just time consuming.