Recommeded body shop for a respray?

combo

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've popped on here!

I took the car in for a wash at a local valet service and when I got back the paint work had been bleached!...it went from Milano Red to Milano DEAD (cheese I know!)

Anyways, they've offered to cover it for a respray because the wrong chemical was used but I don't want to go just anywhere. Can anyone recommend a trusted body shop in the London/Hertfordshire area. Maybe one you've recently used that did a good job?

cheers!

BA1DI

Try TGM in Fleet, they have a full paint shop facility and are forever painting tegs. Worth a trip if you need other stuff done too.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
TGM gets my vote too, very local fair priced and you won't find anyone with more experience at painting tegs (other than honda) worldwide!!

MattDC5

Advanced Member
DMS (Dixon Motor Sport) in Erith paint, ive not used them so can give +/- comments.

raz786

Advanced Member
depends how much your looking to spend. There's 2 places in East London I'd use, one is called AK Garage and the other SIRA Motors, I can vouch for their work. If the people covering it aren't gonna argue then SIRA Motors will do an amazing job.

JimsMajorDC5

Advanced Member
Yep the guys at TGM will do a bloody good job! Highly recommended.

They're based in Fleet, Hampshire - A good hour from you, but well worth it IMHO

combo

Looks like a majority vote for TGM - I'll have to see if I can get a quote, an hour or so's drive isn't out of the question for me at all to get a good job.

I'll post up with the results after I get the job done :D

combo

K, well I got a quote from TGM yesterday, a bit higher than I expected but I guess you pay for what you get and the majority of it wont be my cash.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the valet company with information from their insurance company.

Does anyone know how it might work out from here?

I'm hoping they send a bank transfer or cheque to get the job done without having to shell out before hand.

Also, does anybody know if TGM offer coutesy cars while the teg is out of action?

Saw some nice cars while I was there! The CW buddy club kitted DC5 was lovely :shock:

Evs

Advanced Member
How much did they quote you, out of interest?

Drop me a PM if you'd rather not say in public :)