Recommend me..

oregato

Advanced Member
Engine oil!!

The DC5 is going for its first track day on Saturday, as a final step for the preparation I want to put some good engine oil into it..
I've done a quick search but haven't returned anything definitive.

I know its 10w40, but anyone recommend which brand and why?

It'll be first time on track too.. (if that makes any difference)

I've no mods done to the car other than a gruppe M.

Can someone recommend me some oil please!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Well I use Silk Pro 5W 40 and cant fault it.

Theres been loads of posts on this topic and many many oils recommended. If you have had no issues with your current oil then why change?

oregato

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
Well I use Silk Pro 5W 40 and cant fault it.

Theres been loads of posts on this topic and many many oils recommended. If you have had no issues with your current oil then why change?
It was serviced when I took delivery off the dealer, they used havoline and I've barely put up 3,000 kilometres on it, but I'd just prefer to change it anyway.

Any other makes and brands? throw 'em out there!!

Also, any one know where to get these oils in Dublin?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Castrol edge sport 10w60.

hardly any consumption, used in btcc, TGM in all k series engines, BMW's "M" engines, etc.

it is not easy to get however, best buys are from Opie.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
oregato said:
It was serviced when I took delivery off the dealer, they used havoline and I've barely put up 3,000 kilometres on it, but I'd just prefer to change it anyway.

Havoline? I wuddnt fry a chip in that oil m8! :lol:

Head down to the Tuning Factory and get an oil change with Motul 5w-40(the correct grade for the k20), you cant go wrong with that! =D>

Also have a read: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6334

fergalb

Advanced Member
Dc5Dub07 said:
oregato said:

Head down to the Tuning Factory and get an oil change with Motul 5w-40(the correct grade for the k20), you cant go wrong with that! =D>

Also have a read: http://itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6334
How much are the tuning factory for motul lad??

oregato

Advanced Member
Dc5Dub07 said:
oregato said:

Also have a read: http://itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6334
Haha, I know, I asked my mechanic to do a change after I got it, but he checked the oil and said that it was pretty clean, he told me to drive it for a while anyway so I've done that and I'm onto putting some decent oil into her! I did the gearbox oil the first week I got her (as we kind of knew that the dealer wouldn't do this part of a service)

Right, I've done some reading and wil probably go for 5w 40 or 5w 30, seems to be quite expensive as well but sure.. what can you do.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
oregato said:
Right, I've done some reading and wil probably go for 5w 40 or 5w 30, seems to be quite expensive as well but sure.. what can you do.
5w40, have'nt used anything else so you cant go wrong with it..

And sure yea its quite expensive, but will protect the engine and its much cheaper than a rebuild! :lol:

oregato

Advanced Member
Dc5Dub07 said:
oregato said:

And sure yea its quite expensive, but will protect the engine and its much cheaper than a rebuild! :lol:
Cheers Dub, which part are you from if you dont mind me asking (pm me if you want) should meet up and have a chat/browse at your car!

Can you tell me how much the 5w 40 is and how much oil the dc5 takes?

wantadc5

Advanced Member
oregato said:
Dc5Dub07 said:
oregato said:

Cheers Dub, which part are you from if you dont mind me asking (pm me if you want) should meet up and have a chat/browse at your car!

Can you tell me how much the 5w 40 is and how much oil the dc5 takes?
get on opie oils for costs, mine takes 5 litres....

motul is good...pro s is good also

lukem30

I use millers cfs 5w40 purely for the reason that when i was looking through the service history that is what tdi north have been useing

cpoh

Advanced Member
Have used both the catrol edge 10w60 and pro s 5w40. Not really much difference but the edge burns about half as much oil as the pro s does. Easily available from most motorfactors.

If i was heading on track id use the 10w60 because of the oil consumption alone :twisted: