Recommendations for KPro please

Tarmac

Advanced Member
I've decided that to get a 100% quality job done in terms of getting my beloved teg KPro'd, that I need to get a ferry across the pond to the UK and get one of the reputable companies over there to do it. The DC5 is still relatively rare over here so not many places support it fully yet (some still don't believe it exists lol). I'd rather go to a place that has done many DC5's and know the score rather than chance my arm on something like this.

So to keep the cost of this "round trip" down, can anyone recommend a place please? Preferrably somewhere in Wales to minimise time needed to the return ferry etc. If needs be though, I'll go to England or Scotland.

I've heard of CPL, System R and TGM but have no idea where these "live" and if any of them are in Wales?

Also, it's important to note that I've had the engine timing retarded on my teg to run best on 95RON rather than needing to shell out a packet each time looking for higher octane stuff and/or adding Millers octane booster. :shock:

I have a TODA 4-1 manifold and a Spoon cat-back. There is a hyrbid custom induction setup feeding a Spoon drop-in filter. I've APEX'i iridium plugs in there too. The drive train is a mix of Exedy, Clutchmasters, ATS and there is a Spoon LSD in there too so hopefully losses between the fly and the wheels have been reduced slightly at least.

I'm not sure if any of the above is even important to know for the choice of place, but I'm listing these (in particular the engine timing being retarded) in the hope that a place is recommended to me that appreciates this and can accomodate these modifications when tuning the lady.

Thanks for any advice.

neolee40

Advanced Member
TGM is in Fleet near GUILDFORD and system R is in manchester/warrington so they are a fair distance away. I got all my stuff fitted at TGM then drove 4 hours to system-R well worth it and you can have some fun on the way back hehehe.

01252 811972 TGm
01925 289100 system-R

ask for TOM@TGM and Paul@system-R tell em John sent ya :)

Tarmac

Advanced Member
I've been in Guilford heaps of times doing work for Allianz Insurance. It's a very nice town but it's a bit far to travel for this. All the same, if that's what I need to do then so be it! :wink:

Thanks for that neolee.

Wootty

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
can't you get a ferry to Liverpool and then System R is not too far away,
I'd have thought that was the best option - even if you get to hollyhead - its just a quick blast along the top of wales to get to System R. If you email them what you want they can handle that easier than a phone call.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
I was thinkin of Holyhead alright, but I'll look into Liverpool too.

Does System R have a website? I'll need to plot out a route to find out how to get there! :lol:

Thanks for all the help!

neolee40

Advanced Member
you know alot of people just send their ecu over and get it tuned that way. and they send it back to you. They put some sort of safe map on it. then next time your over just get it tuned properly :0

Tarmac

Advanced Member
actually, i found their website.

so many toys *drooool* - i have visions of a melted Visa card... :roll: :lol:

what's the difference between the Euro KPro and the US KPro? (apart from the massive difference in price)

neolee40

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:

what's the difference between the Euro KPro and the US KPro? (apart from the massive difference in price)
Us one controls NOS and a few other bits...

andyd

Advanced Member
neolee40 said:
Tarmac said:

Us one controls NOS and a few other bits...
Just NOS.

Andy

Tarmac

Advanced Member
i've spent some more time having a look. their markup on some of the stuff seems huge. like the spoon baffled sump - £373 EXCLUDING vat and fitting? it's £233.77 including vat and shipping to Ireland from spoon europe! :shock:

anyway - methinks a euro kpro, AEM pulleys, hondata gasket, O2 SIM and Spoon Progressives will do the trick. i'll shell out for that lot instead of the same for just a set of Fightex dampers from TODA lol :lol:

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
I think I saw the AEM pulleys being sold by someone on the CTR forum, might be worth a look? COuld get the seller to send direct to System-R?

neolee40

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
i've spent some more time having a look. their markup on some of the stuff seems huge. like the spoon baffled sump - 373 EXCLUDING vat and fitting? it's 200 quid from spoon europe! :shock:

anyway - methinks a euro kpro, AEM pulleys, hondata gasket, O2 SIM and Spoon Progressives will do the trick. i'll shell out for that lot instead of the same for just a set of Fightex dampers from TODA lol :lol:
don't bother with the o2 sim you won't need it. Just use the k-pro to turn the Cel light off ;) save yourself £65

Tarmac

Advanced Member
neolee40 said:
don't bother with the o2 sim you won't need it. Just use the k-pro to turn the Cel light off ;) save yourself £65
i already get it reset using an OBD II system that my current tuner has. it's a pain though because it keeps coming on. i'd rather have something fitted to keep it off than having to take a laptop with me to reset it every 10 minutes! :lol:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
I think I saw the AEM pulleys being sold by someone on the CTR forum, might be worth a look? COuld get the seller to send direct to System-R?
thanks for that Scottie.

anyone know if System R sell the AEM Fuel Rail for the DC5 too? i don't see it listed but I know it exists because C&S Evo 7 has one on his and it's a nice tidy mod. 8)

neolee40

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
neolee40 said:
i already get it reset using an OBD II system that my current tuner has. it's a pain though because it keeps coming on. i'd rather have something fitted to keep it off than having to take a laptop with me to reset it every 10 minutes! :lol:
Thats it you keep telling yourself that ;) Good excuse though if the wife ever asks :wink:

Tarmac

Advanced Member
lol :lol:

no seriously- it really does keep coming on! i think one of my lambda sensors is screwed tho! :?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
think the guy was selling that too.

thanks for that Scottie.

anyone know if System R sell the AEM Fuel Rail for the DC5 too? i don't see it listed but I know it exists because C&S Evo 7 has one on his and it's a nice tidy mod. 8)

Evs

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
i've spent some more time having a look. their markup on some of the stuff seems huge. like the spoon baffled sump - £373 EXCLUDING vat and fitting? it's £233.77 including vat and shipping to Ireland from spoon europe! :shock:
That looks like a mistake to me - I'm getting them to fit a Spoon sump to mine and the price they quoted me was about the same as the SSEL price. They say they have no flexibility on prices of Toda parts but you might be able to get a bit of a deal on other stuff if you're buying quite a few things together and getting them to fit it. I've been there for exhaust fitting, KPro & map (twice :lol: ), Hondata IMG, suspension setup and oil changes and been very happy with the service and value for money - their labour rates are very reasonable.

I'd suggest e-mailing them with a shopping list tbh as they prefer this - their phone just seems to ring constantly and this must be a right PITA!