Recommendations on a detailing brush?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I thought Meg's did one but couldn't find one. Plenty of alternatives but any recommendations? It's mainly going to be for doing round my rear badges which are really difficult to get all the dirt out from but pretty much any hard to get to corners!

coolerking

Advanced Member
raceglaze ones are great, there on polished bliss's website, pletny of different sizes you get in the same pack, I use them for the fuel cap, badges etc.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Don't laugh, but I use a pastry brush! Round wooden handled one with soft bristles. Cost about £1 and last a good year or so with regular use. Autoglym sell a wheel brush but its naff and costs about £10. Meguiars do a good wheel brush for similar money and is very good. Can't miss it, bright yellow thing!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I've got a cheapo wheel brush which has always done the job ok although it does bend a little too easy if you apply too much pressure.

Most of the brushes you guys seem to be using are a sort of paint brush typr design but do they actually shift any dirt?

I was thinking of something more along these lines but are the bristles likely to be too much? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kent-Car-Care-Detail-Brush/dp/B004BM39Q0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354650804&sr=8-2

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I just use cotton buds... soaked in a cleaning solution.

The trouble with bristles (I found) is they scratch slightly, leaving swirls.

Again, easier to see on a darker colour car. White is more forgiving.

Meguiars do reusable detailing swabs (below), but a cotton bud does the same job.
http://www.meguiars....etailing-Swabs/

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
What sort of cleaning solution would you use?
Car shampoo, anything with some nice suds that you normally wash the car with. The more lubricating it is the better.

As soon as the bud is dirty, swap to the other end, take your time and don't press too hard.