Recommended B Pipes

adamamuk

Advanced Member
I'm looking to replace my oem b pipe with something aftermarket and just wanted to hear any suggestions?

The Spoon system is the only one I currently have in mind.

Cheers

Adam

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Yea, that's what I've found so far! Abit annoying really that a lot of companies don't sell them separately.

Fez

Advanced Member
I have a sportex on mine, that i took off the girlfriends ep3, i think it was 2.5" and sounded slightly meatier. just checked ebay, £105 with silencer, or £80 unsilenced. Both 2.5"
I have the silenced one, and fitted perfect on both cars.

Had it noise tested, 88dB with tegiwa mani, the sportex b pipe and stock back box.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I have a sportex on mine, that i took off the girlfriends ep3, i think it was 2.5" and sounded slightly meatier. just checked ebay, £105 with silencer, or £80 unsilenced. Both 2.5"
I have the silenced one, and fitted perfect on both cars.

Had it noise tested, 88dB with tegiwa mani, the sportex b pipe and stock back box.
Thanks for your reply mate.
I did see that one on eBay, think it was being sold by 'online-motorsport' or something. Guessing that's the one listed for an ep3?

Did you not have to modify the flange where it connects to the cat - did a little research on Google and apparently the jdm dc5/ep3 had a smaller cat than the ukdm ep3 so would have to be fiddled with.
Did you not have to do that then?

Sorry for all the questions!

Fez

Advanced Member
Yeah listed as ep3 one.

Nah it fitted straight on to the tegiwa mani no problem. :)

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Yeah listed as ep3 one.

Nah it fitted straight on to the tegiwa mani no problem. :)
Cool, cheers!
Hmm, wonder if it would fit straight on the oem manifold then.

Fez

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
Cool, cheers!
Hmm, wonder if it would fit straight on the oem manifold then.

It should be as the tegiwa mani is straight swap for stock b pipe.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Liam said:
EP3 M2 Motorsport B pipes fit the DC5. £163 with silencer, £118 without.

http://www.spdautomotive.co.uk/acatalog/M2-HONDA-EXHAUST-SYSTEM.html
Thanks for that Liam.
I wasn't aware m2 did exhausts.
Good to see they are stainless too, not just painted steel like the sportex ones.
I know their intake manifolds are very popular. Do you have this yourself or know of someone that does that can give any feedback?
Thanks

Liam

Advanced Member
adm87 said:
Thanks for that Liam.
I wasn't aware m2 did exhausts.
Good to see they are stainless too, not just painted steel like the sportex ones.
I know their intake manifolds are very popular. Do you have this yourself or know of someone that does that can give any feedback?
Thanks

My brother had a full M2 exhaust on his EP3 - figures after a K100 and map were certainly no less than the more expensive systems, so they seem to flow just fine. The B pipe is now on his DC5 and that fits absolutely fine. :)

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Liam said:
My brother had a full M2 exhaust on his EP3 - figures after a K100 and map were certainly no less than the more expensive systems, so they seem to flow just fine. The B pipe is now on his DC5 and that fits absolutely fine. :)
Thanks Liam