Reconditioned DC5 gearboxes, where?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I think my synchros are on their way out on 2nd and 4th, gear selection feels rough after oulton park

Would it be better to get the box rebuilt, im tempted to get a 5.1 fd

Or

Is there anywhere that does reconditioned boxes that will accept mine in part ex?

Cheers mike

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I phoned integrastella about 2 months back when I thought it might be costly to open my box to swap out plate diff and change a few bearings. Turns out a low mileage box from him is £1k!! Arguably you could probably get about £500 for your old box but there's still also the labour to think about. Personally I'd get a rebuild done from Tom at TGM. He makes work on a gearbox look like its dead simple. He knows everything there is to know about syncro's etc too believe me! Think we had an hours conversation just on syncro's when I was down there a few weeks ago. He did lsd change and output shaft bearing along with new clutch and fly in about 6 1/2 hours.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I phoned integrastella about 2 months back when I thought it might be costly to open my box to swap out plate diff and change a few bearings. Turns out a low mileage box from him is £1k!! Arguably you could probably get about £500 for your old box but there's still also the labour to think about. Personally I'd get a rebuild done from Tom at TGM. He makes work on a gearbox look like its dead simple. He knows everything there is to know about syncro's etc too believe me! Think we had an hours conversation just on syncro's when I was down there a few weeks ago. He did lsd change and output shaft bearing along with new clutch and fly in about 6 1/2 hours.
thanks for that, how much did it cost if you dont mind, pm me if you want.

i think my first step is to change clutch fluid and go from there