Red interior! Tatty to new?

jedge66

I've been looking around at alot of DC5's recently and I like the red interior the best however, most of the time the seats are quite worn mainly because the suede has worn away.

No i'm gunna ask a question which may get me linched like the lexus light question 8-[

How comes no-one has them recovered in red leather or replaced with new red recaros of similar design :?:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Are you sure the alcantara is actually worn, do they look black and shiny?

They probably just need a good clean, use a soft brush and some interior cleaner, I bet you'll end up being surprised at just how much that 'wear mark' will turn out just to be dirt! If your bolsters are soft and falling apart, I've written a guide how to replace them over in the 'how to' section.

Some people have changed there seats in their cars, it's just that many don't as the seats are great as standard.

EDIT: See here viewtopic.php?f=47&t=23055

MattDC5

Advanced Member
The alcantara is there to hold you in, if you replaced this with leather im sure youd slide around a fair bit.

As TypeGrrr says, the seats can be reconditioned and come up pretty well.

jedge66

I stand corrected.....alicantra not suede :D

That is very true I can actually imagine sliding outta my seat come to think of it O:) perhaps leather is not the way to go......

Thanks for the heads up, soft brush and some interior cleaner it is.....

Ta

Martctr

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
Martctr said:
Capital only do lower bolster material and not the upper :(
For the DC5 they do upper bolsters aswell.
Bolster foam - Yes

Upper bolster material - No

I have seen the whole top part of what looks like a civic premier recaro, but nothing like ours unless I'm being stupid.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Martctr said:
Coldfuse said:
Martctr said:
Capital only do lower bolster material and not the upper :(
For the DC5 they do upper bolsters aswell.
Bolster foam - Yes

Upper bolster material - No

I have seen the whole top part of what looks like a civic premier recaro, but nothing like ours unless I'm being stupid.
Ah...note to self, read post properly then reply ](*,)

David Fox

Advanced Member
Apologies for 'resurrecting' an old post, but pointless making another one, and it's more or less on the same subject. While my seats are in good nick for a 10 year old car, they are never going to look like new again. I am not keen on replacing the seats because I think the DC5 seats are the best I have ever sat in. Putting a new set out right is impossible and if you do it through Honda, bloody expensive! I have always thought of having them wrapped in leather. Not particularly interested in anyones thoughts on it as it's my car. But does anyone know of a reputable place in the NW (or near as can be) that would do this? Not fussed on the price, I don't expect it to be cheap for what I want.

Cheers,

Foxy

kingston

Advanced Member
Why not buy them pre-covered from a Recaro outlet as the seats are x model available to the public, then sell yours on ebay - youll recoup the some of the initial outlay or break even?
Apologies for 'resurrecting' an old post, but pointless making another one, and it's more or less on the same subject. While my seats are in good nick for a 10 year old car, they are never going to look like new again. I am not keen on replacing the seats because I think the DC5 seats are the best I have ever sat in. Putting a new set out right is impossible and if you do it through Honda, bloody expensive! I have always thought of having them wrapped in leather. Not particularly interested in anyones thoughts on it as it's my car. But does anyone know of a reputable place in the NW (or near as can be) that would do this? Not fussed on the price, I don't expect it to be cheap for what I want.

Cheers,

Foxy

David Fox

Advanced Member
Er, I didn't know you could do that mate - What is the procedure? Who is a Recaro outlet that could do this - do you know of one? Think as mince when it comes to this so apologies for the questions mate!

kingston

Advanced Member
Any good motorsport shop would, such as Demon Tweeks (will be pricey but...)

As im bored and killing time, here it is:
[url="http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk...performance/seats-reclining/recaro-speed-seat[/url] like i said pricey but thats the seat so you can now search for it

Though werent the Evo's equipped with the same seat and also had a leather trim? I know that another 'sports' car had the same seat but cant remember who...

Er, I didn't know you could do that mate - What is the procedure? Who is a Recaro outlet that could do this - do you know of one? Think as mince when it comes to this so apologies for the questions mate!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Fantastic mate, much appreciated. I will start from there. Those seats look pretty awesome, and that is a fraction of the price quoted by Honda!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Will do mate. Thought about it for some time now, and I have necessary funds so have to start making a move on this.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
You can't get the netting material used for the centre of the seats anywhere. I've tried!