Red light around petrol gauge

tedg

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Every so often when i am crusing ofver bumpy parts of motorways a see a red light near the petrol gauge breifly flash.

It has done it a couple of times, i thought it was faulty wiring around the seatbeat sensors, so i have had a look around there but i can't see anything.

Could this be the ECU Engine check light? And could that be from faulty wring around the sensors?

Suggestions welcome

Many thanks
//Ted

DC5TU

Advanced Member
ecu light is orange and on the other side of the cluster panel, with the water temop guage

keevster

Advanced Member
Hi mate, i'd put money on it, that its the door/boot open light. Mine does it too over bumps, usually at higher speeds :lol: :wink:
Dont ask me a fix for it, i just put up with it

Paul :wink:

LeeH

Advanced Member
keevster said:
Hi mate, i'd put money on it, that its the door/boot open light. Mine does it too over bumps, usually at higher speeds :lol: :wink:
Dont ask me a fix for it, i just put up with it

Paul :wink:
Shut your boot :wink: :lol:

keevster

Advanced Member
Done that :wink: , shut it gently, shut it hard, you name it, it still does it :lol: . I would imagine there must be some sort of play in the boot, enough to give brief flashes of the light :lol: :wink:

Paul

keevster

Advanced Member
jay.dee said:
Check the bonnet sensor on the slam panel.

Think you have hit the nail on the head buddy :lol: :wink: . I never actually thought about this till now,

My bonnet actually rattles at tickover due to the Energy engine mounts. So there is some play there, possibly just enough when going over bumps to break contact.

Well i know what i am gone out to do today :wink:

Paul

tedg

Advanced Member
thanks for all the help. I have been a bit ill recently, so no time to look further at this. However knowing it is not the engine light makes me somewhat calmer :)